92-93 gsr trans question

i need to know if a 92-93 gsr tans has a cable or hydrulic cluth and need to know if any one is selling one that does not have alot of miles on it…

all 90-93 tegs have cable clutch.

as for finding a gsr ys1 tranny… good luck, they are super rare. You are better off looking for a jdm vtec y1, j1, s1, or ys1. they are a little more plentiful.

thanx can the gsr be swaped with a b16a1 engines tranny

all b series trannies fit all b series engines. as long as you have a cable b series tranny it will work perfectly. Just make sure its a vtec one or else you’re gonna have gearing way too long for vtec.

thanx for your help

im supposed to have one on the way COD.
what can i check to make sure. i know the code is the same as the LS so what is a giveaway.
i dont have a clutch i can spin with to try to check the FD.

Originally posted by night
im supposed to have one on the way COD.
what can i check to make sure. i know the code is the same as the LS so what is a giveaway.
i dont have a clutch i can spin with to try to check the FD.

there really isn’t any way to tell. i’ve heard that you can have the dealer look up the serial number… but i’m not sure how likely that is.

other than putting it in the car you can count teeth on the gears.

thats beat i need to find one can anyone help…:frowning:

well at least thats an idea. i’ll call the dealer tomorrow and see if they can.
otherwise im gonna have to buy the delivery guy lunch while he waits for me to figure it out…

oh and hazard, they are nearly impossible to get a hold of.
i kept putting want ads up and some guy mailed me saying he had one. of course didnt trust him, but he said on his own he understood and he’d do it COD. said he owned a shop and was moving it.
so i figure what the hell, send it on…

gotta get lucky i suppose. i was about to just buy an LS and put the GSR FD in it. you may have to as well.

. Just make sure its a vtec one or else you’re gonna have gearing way too long for vtec.
i have a vtec and stock tranny, doesnt take that long to get to vtec

Turbo1.8Hybrid what set-up are you running and have you been to the track? I’m almost done biulding my gsr and want to know what the differance in performance (1/4 mile mostly) is. If you could post any of that info it would be helpful.

93 GSR Trans

I bought one about a year ago from Sohfast for $850. At first, the parts yard he was working with shipped my a jdm vtec trans and I did not realize it for a few months, because I had put it in storage. Soh handled the situation well and I eventually got my GSR trans. It looked much different from the jdm trans and stock LS trans, in terms of the shape of the housing. I have run it for a year now. Its nice with LS-VTEC, but now its definitely not a long-distance cruising car. At 70-80 mph it revs really high (approaching 5000 rpm. For long trips I have a 90 Jag, which holds 80 mph at around 2000-2500 rpm effortlessly. Hope you find your trans.

The only problem with Jerome is that his prices are so damn high. Other than that, I hear he sells quality goods.

JOE, i havent brought the car to the track yet. still working on a few problems that wont go away. all that i have done is JDM GSR swap, aem intake, skunk 2 intake manifold, UR pully set, header, thermal exhaust, short throw shiter, plugs wires and a centerforce stage 2 clutch, and a zex system. right now with out the bottle the car moves pretty good. i can take a few Si’s and some newer gsr’s. but when i go to the track, ill post my times on and off the bottle

all i have to say is if you want a tranny that can handle the added power of say a turbo or a full blown NOS system, get the LS tranny…not the gsr tranny… TRUST me…just trust me…plus they are cheaper…and search ebay…great place!