92 gsr seat material??

im having a hard time trying to find this material so i can wrap my db1 tweed rear seats to match my front gsr seats.

reference pic

157.jpg

00101_jv95oK2Czjp_600x450.jpg

I asked a local upholsterer if he could replace my seat cloth and he didn’t say it was a problem finding matching material. Did you already check out a local shop?

no luck at local shops or online.

I would assume it is a proprietary design that Honda came up with 25yrs ago and not something that was just commercially available from any upholstery shop. But I could be wrong.

I was never successful matching the black or tan inserts of my LS-S seats. I had to settle for something close when I had my JDM rear headrests recovered in black. I ended up buying a complete interior as a spare.

It’s a longshot but you could try contacting this company directly. Apparently they bought up all the stock from most auto manufacturers after production ended. They probably won’t have it but worth a phone call.

http://autointeriorsupply.com/index.php/

Otherwise your only option will be canibalizing the fabric from original db2 seats and paying for the custom upholstery at a shop with the fabric you source. This would probably be possible but much more expensive.

thanks but no luck.

was thinking the same thing but the 2 door seat material wont fit/ to short and i still need to wrap the side bolsters and headrest. i know the middle part will work but i dont think someone is going to sell there rear gsr seat material.

also need to do my door cards with the middle material

1 shop said they can just dye the seats black. not looking to go that route and ruin mint seats

[QUOTE=bendogz;2325364]thanks but no luck.

was thinking the same thing but the 2 door seat material wont fit/ to short and i still need to wrap the side bolsters and headrest. i know the middle part will work but i dont think someone is going to sell there rear gsr seat material.

also need to do my door cards with the middle material

1 shop said they can just dye the seats black. not looking to go that route and ruin mint seats[/QUOTE]
I thought that only the inner material panels were different but the outer panels were the same (say, between GSR and GS). So, maybe you could get a set of seats from a GS (or other model?) to use the outer panels for bolsters…etc then get a set of GSR’s to use for the inner panels. Sounds like a pain but it might be the only way to accomplish what you’re trying to pull off :frowning:

^ That is correct. All 92-93 graphite black (dark grey actually) seats have the same outer fabric color/pattern. Only the inner patterns change based on trim level. So 92-93 LS or GS db1 outers would work and the centers would have to be created with the db2 center fabric. It would definitely cost money and you’d have to source at least one set of db2 fabric.

would be to hard to even find rear db1 92 93 grey rear seats
then source gsr rears for the inners

I’m sure you could find someone parting out a 92-93 db1 and have them remove the rear seat covers to save on shipping. The rear seats are bulky when complete with foam but very small and light when they’re stripped down to fabric. I have done it before. You’d have to be patient when looking for the db2 rears but they’re not impossible to find and usually pretty inexpensive once they’ve been separated from the original fronts. I guess it comes down to how much patience you have and how badly you want matching rears. :shrug:

hopefully this guy is willing to partout and ship

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4871718711.html

no luck with the guy above. found a place that told me the middle they cant find but they can try to match the grey.

heres the sample color he has …

Hard to tell from a photo because you don’t know what the lighting is like and there’s nothing for comparison - but none of those colors look similar to the OEM fabric to me. The light gray looks too light and the darker gray or black looks too dark. But like I said, it could just be the pic :shrug:

I’m going to another local place within the next week or two. After sending the shop pictures of my worn seats, he’s quoting $165 for a repair (the typical side bolster and bottom seat rip) or about $350 to repair the entire seat with new foam etc. I’m not too concerned with matching the material. It’s almost the cost of a new seat + bracket but I REALLY like the design of the OEM seats (mainly the headrest).