94+ taillight conversion

I remember seeing pics…can someone post some pics of the conversion…i bought some on ebay and want to swap.Please dont flame i think they look good with the right bumper.Dont like the look of our tails. thanx

BTW I did search with g3 coversion and 94+ conversion

start cuttin :shrug:

http://www.g2ic.com/carshows/santaclara/

looks good IMO, but youd have to get 98+

IF you want your car to look like a G3 then buy a a G3 don’t ruin the G2’s sexy body lines by poting those headlights.

he’s talking about tail lights… they are not much different shape than g2 tails. like said above, i think it would look good/better with 98+ tails

is it a perfect fit? or is it gonna need some body work as well, im just wondering.

def. some body work there

i know its gonna take some modification…I didnt think it was a perfect fit.but i know there somewhat close.

I think that looks so bad a**. I have altezzas now. dont like them…I dont like the stock half and half look either. loved my friends 98 tails…

A lot if G3 owners just tint the yellow area w/ candy red to make it look like they have 98-01 tails. I can’t ever tell the difference.

I remember someone posting this a long time ago. I believe it cost him $80 for the whole conversion because he had bodywork skills. It looks ok, but I still love the 90-91 tails.

if he wants to do the conversion let em

if i were to do the conversion i would find a junk car (94+) and cut the tail sockets out (leaving part of the shell) then go from there. cut weld use bondo. i think the conversion looks pretty good but still like the stock setup. i say go for it.

im waiting for the tails to be delivered…bought them on ebay… ill post pics of progress

Remember though that they border the hatch as well, so you would need to chop up the lip of the hatch and that panel below the lights.

Yes. i should have specified grabbing every part of the car that borders the light(maybe about 2 inches). The factory rolled edge would look good around the light. if anyone tries this keep us posted with pics through the process

Craig

I have a '96 GSR and plan to see how much is involved with swapping taillights, I have to take out that plate that runs below the fixtures on my '91 anyway (rusted out on one side with shotty bondo work). Plan to see if I can swap out the plate then the light fixtures will set right in… Doubt it will work with no body work but I’ll check back for updates / let you know how mine goes.

JUiCE

looks kinda funny too me. but ok in a way. but imo a gen2 should stay a gen2