95 GSR Distributor on 93 LS motor?

Yo G2IC members! Well i have a problem, it seems that my distributor has failed on me. i have another distributor from a gsr motor(b18c1) but idk if i can use it. I researched this on google, here, honda-tech, etc. And all i came up with is that LS distributors can be used on VTEC motors (with a lil modification) but no clear info if it’ll work the other way around. The GSR is obd1 and my teg is a 93 so im 99% sure its also obd1(correct me if i am wrong). If anybody can help i would really appreciate it.

The electronics are the same, so it would work if you can get it bolted up.

To put an LS dist on a vtec head you need to cut off one of the mounting legs, this is because the vtec solenoid conflicts with that leg.

If you try to put the vtec distributor on your LS head only 2 of the 3 bolts will line up (top and rear). I’m not sure if the forward/bottom leg will conflict with anything on the head or if it is simply in the wrong place.

If you have all the parts… why don’t you just try it really quick. It’ll be obvious very quickly whether it’ll bolt up or not. Heck, you might even be able to take the vtec dist out to your car and compare w/o unbolting anything.

So i took off the distributor from my ls and i tried putting in the gsr distributor but it doesnt seem to want to go in all the way. its like it wants to but doesnt quite fit. it looks like the washer looking thing is slightly larger on the gsr distributor. this is just speculation cuz i cant tell for sure. anybody know if there is a trick to getting it in or should it just go in smoothly?

Not sure what you mean by “washer” looking thing. The distributor will for sure fit into the head and match up with your intake camshaft, whether or not the leg will get in the way and prevent the dist from fitting, I cannot say.

Your intake camshaft has a slot in the end of it, your dist fits into that slot. It’s slightly offset so that you cannot install the distributor 180deg off. If you can’t get the dist to slide in place and mate w/ the intake cam, try rotating the part of the dist which slides into the head 180deg.

got ya! i was puttin it in a lil off. it did fit! thanks alot man!!!

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164955

if the case dont fit. use this thread as a guide to transfer the inside sensors of the gsr dist. to the ls one. i used the d16y8 sensors in a b16 obd1 dist. case with the center shaft of my busted ls dist.
works fine w/ no cel. anymore

thanks alot man. i’ll definately try this if all else fails.

[QUOTE=mantegra;1826021]http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164955

if the case dont fit. use this thread as a guide to transfer the inside sensors of the gsr dist. to the ls one. i used the d16y8 sensors in a b16 obd1 dist. case with the center shaft of my busted ls dist.
works fine w/ no cel. anymore[/QUOTE]

Good link:D

Ive used it on a couple of distributors now. works like a charm every time:up: