A/C not working..

hey people well summer is just around the corner here in socal, and how hot it gets i want my a/c working…i bought the da already without the a/c working the dude that i bought the car from didnt tell me wat was the problem with it…well i had check fuses and are okay i turn my air on and there is air but when i push the a/c button, the a/c doesnt work, no compresor running or anything…so my questions is should the compresor still work even tho theres no more a/c fluid?cuz it doesnt run when i push the a/c button…and how can i fix this?

Can basic stuff first like: Is there a belt on the AC pulley? There is a little connector also on the compressor make sure it is connected. When the compressor turns on you can feel it because there is a slight vibration in motor.

There may be a few things wrong. Always check fuses and belts first!

The connector on the compressor is the LPS (Low Pressure Switch). When your system starts to leak, the switch (consider it a sensor) is there as a fail safe to keep the compressor from burning itself up. There is a refridgerant and oil mix that is circulated in and out of pressure to create the cold air. If the system gets too low, it wont circulate enough oil to keep the compressor lubricated and tear the internals to pieces. So, your compressor will NEVER run when the system is low.

I’d hook up a pressure guage to it and check and see where it’s at. It can leak from alot of places. My mustangs compressor was bad because the clutch seal went bad and leaked oil, siezed the compressor.

Unless you have a recovery machine, take it to a shop and have them hook up and see where its at. NEVER EVER vent the refrigerant into the air. It’s highly illegal, tastes terrible and if it gets in your eye you can go blind.

Your best bet for NOW, to try and diagnose, is look for oil build up on any of the refridgerant lines.

HTH, there’s not alot to older ac systems, but there’s alot of things that can go wrong lol.

• Brandon

Agreed, if it’s extremely low on refrigerant the compressor will not engage. So that would be where I would start. If the pressure is good then some other possibilites which haven’t been mentioned are a bad a/c switch or a bad compressor clutch.

@ beto_DA, the belt is on the AC pulley i checked it, and no like i said when i push the AC button no vibration or anything fuses are find i chekc them…@ axeglory fuses chekc like i said again and belt its check like i said again,hmm havent checked the pressure yet, but wat im guessing is that the system its too low and thats why the compresor its not working. the refridgerant lines are the one that come out from the condenser right? i check them and they are black but its not wet with oil or anything…im gona try and refill the AC with refridgerant and go from there if theres any leak or anything…thanx for the comment guys…

i got a question g2ic people, which one is the low side port for our a/c system??.. is it the baby blueish cap on the a/c line next to our radiator??

Get on that oemacuraparts website. It will give you a full diagram of the AC system.

okay…on the diagram it says - ‘‘hose, suction’’…would that bee the one??..cuz it doesnt uses the words low side port or high side port

Hey i have the same problem my fan doesnt work nor does the compressor but my climate control buttons work and no air what soever is coming out so what can this problem be ?

High side port is next to the air intake and is the smaller metal hose that looks like it’s a brass color. The low side port is in front of the rad and is the bigger hose wrapped with black insulation.

Hope that helps?

Is there a belt on your compressor? i think air should blow regardless of that however, so maybe the blower motor is donzo.

@ ng8630 yeah i see that brass metal hose, and the Low side i found it and it has a powder blue cap on it with the letter L so im guess that the low side which is next to the radiator fan… @ dreday89 maybe what da6yo says but my compressor has a belt maybe is ur motor that is dirty cuz once on my da the air didnt wanted to blow and it end up to be that there was napkins and tree leaves inside the white box by where the passenger feet lay at…i clean it up and my fan started working properly…

[QUOTE=usdmDA9;2263174]okay…on the diagram it says - ‘‘hose, suction’’…would that bee the one??..cuz it doesnt uses the words low side port or high side port[/QUOTE]blue cap/hose suction is the low side.

[QUOTE=Dreday89;2263560]Hey i have the same problem my fan doesnt work nor does the compressor but my climate control buttons work and no air what soever is coming out so what can this problem be ?[/QUOTE] If your blower motor does not work the A/C will not work.

Where is the blower motor located

Thanks all of you for all your help it is well appreciated

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1991&catcgry3=3DR+LS&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=HEATER%2BBLOWER&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

Access from pass. foot well, remove ECU/ECM cover and ECU/ECM to makeit easier to remove blower motor if it is bad, problem may just be the blower5 resistor, [common problem]. 94

[QUOTE=fcm;2265063]http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1991&catcgry3=3DR+LS&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=HEATER%2BBLOWER&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

Access from pass. foot well, remove ECU/ECM cover and ECU/ECM to makeit easier to remove blower motor if it is bad, problem may just be the blower5 resistor, [common problem]. 94[/QUOTE]

Ok i took out my resister from my car and it was fried so i changed it with a new one from acura and that one fried as well! So must it mean my motor is dead?

Take the motor out and check it. Sometimes the infamous passenger’s side water leak can fry the motor. It did to mine.

I took it out and put on one from a car that it was working on an still doesnt work