A/C Question

your a/c is just too cold!

water freezes at 32 degrees. your thermostat turns off the compressor around 42 degrees. if it gets colder than 32 your evaporator will freeze up and you will not get satisfactory cooling. just a block of ice. how cold is my a/c? 52 driving down the road, at idle 65 or more. this is in a 91 teg with r12. 134 is practically the same temp as 12, slightly higher pressure
thats my 2 cents worth just a little late well alot late. thanks

ok guys, i got my envirosafe kit this past weekend

i put in the oil charge and almost 2 cans of ES

everything seems to be functioning (compressor is coming on, fan is coming on, cooling to 60 at idle and about 42 on highway) but now my compressor is making noise- when i turn on the compressor, you can very audibly hear it working- it was not like this with R12- there was enough still in the system to make the compressor turn on, although it wouldnt cool and it made no noise- now after putting in the ES, it is kinda loud but the noise seems to dissapear after driving around for a bit

has anyone else heard a noticeable increase in the sound of the compressor after installing ES?

Someone start a AC Sytem write up…Please!!

There is very little info on AC related questions on here…There should be one very good write up or troubleshooting guide for AC sytem on 2gen Integras…Even when you go on Honda Tech there is much…And almost all of the stuff on there is miscatergorized or all scattered around…Im trying to fix my AC compressor on my DA…Im running a b20b and I was wondering if I could just replace compressor with any B seies AC compressor…The Shop wanted to charge 400 just to replce compressor!!! So I decided to replace compressor myself since Im gonna take front end off to put on new bumper/one piece lights…I found a new compressor online for 299.99! Should I just get used one? Do I have to replace condensor and evaporator…