A/f Ratio Guage!!!! Someone Help Me Asap!!!

Where does the Green Wire splice into the ECU?

I think I spliced the wrong wire cause the guage works, but when i am not giving it throttle, it stays in stoich, when I give it gas it automatically goes directly to rich and stays there until i give off the gas…

ANYONE HAVE A WIRING HARNESS PAGE or something? Or you can tell me what color…ETC ETC to splice at!!!

BTW: I have a 1992 RS.:wink:

I couldn’t find it either when I first got mine, so I ran the wire through the firewall, into the engine bay, and spliced it straight to the O2 sensor… the hole in the firewall, by the way, is above the gas pedal… if you look in the engine bay around that area, you’ll see a rubber grommet you can remove (actually, punch a hole through for your wire)…

Re: A/f Ratio Guage!!! Someone Help Me Asap!!!

Originally posted by VR-BottleFedTeg
when I give it gas it automatically goes directly to rich and stays there until i give off the gas…

How far into the Rich side does it go?

all the way to rich, its like when i push the gas pedal it follows it, when i release the gas pedal it goes to stoich…half throttle is not quite rich but in between rich and stoich…its wierd…hmmm so splice it into which color wire on the O2 Sensor?

hmmm…i did the same way with mine but the guage bounces back and forth rapidly. i mean one side to the other at idle and then when i floor it, it goes all the way to rich. THAT f**cking annoys me so I yank it out and sold it. so thats how i took care of my problem.:mad:

It should lean a bit to the rich side when you’re at WOT, unless you’ve got it leaned out more somehow (engine/ECU management, etc.) Oh, and it naturally bounces back and forth, because engine exhaust comes out in ‘waves’ or ‘pulses’, so it’ll never have a constant reading… if you go to the Autometer website, they show a A/F guage doing that, and they say it’s perfectly normal…

hondapower…i know it’s normal for them to do that but i jus hate looking at it bouncing. i dunno, it jus bugs me when i’m driving and in the corner of my eye i see it bouncing. yea, i richen it a little bit with an AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Most people say A/F guages are 99% eye-candy, and 1% useful tool… I agree with the majority. I got used to it, I guess, and I ignore it now. Hell, I never even look at it unless the temperature outside is totally different, because it makes a big difference on which LED’s light up on the A/F guage. I kinda like the bouncing :stuck_out_tongue: I notice it always gets attention from other people at night, hehe… :smiley:

Soooo when you adjust your fpr should your a/f guage read stoich…at idle or wot?

Problem is mine was not even bouncing back and forth, it was just chillen in ****in 1 spot…IT would never even bounce, So I think I might have spliced the wrong wire on the ECU…

Which one, someone told me D16? Is that the solid White wire? Which one…or better yet, where did you guys SPLICE your wires at? I have a OBD1 1992 RS,

Damn, I wish I could answer your wire-color question, but mine’s non-OBD(90), so I just spliced it to the single black wire to the O2 sensor… yours is a heated O2 sensor… SOMEONE here has to know…

Splice into the WHITE wire as close as possible to the O2 sensor. Do not splice close to the ECU, don’t want to put too great of a load on it. The only two readings you should be worried about are 1) at WOT it should read rich and 2) hard deceleration should read lean. The reading will not move until the sensor is heated up, so don’t be alarmed if it doesn’t move at all at first. HTH

OK so dont splice to close to the ECU, and it is the SOLID WHITE WIRE…

Its not bouncing back or forth at all is the problem…I think I spliced the wrong wire…

hmmm…i did the same way with mine but the guage bounces back and forth rapidly. i mean one side to the other at idle and then when i floor it, it goes all the way to rich. THAT f**cking annoys me so I yank it out and sold it. so thats how i took care of my problem.

Its supposed to go back and forth it mimics the 02 sensor which goes from around 50mv to 950mv i have the same prob. as VR and don’t feel like crawling under the car again . I assumed the guage was a average responding type guage and just givin me the avg 450-500mv which would be in stoich. so for heated 02’s its the solid white wire in the harness b/c i have a an aftermarket 02 and thiers a few white jawns and a black one. i have a bosch 02.

I FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM!!!

on my ECU, there is a HUGE THICH WHITE WIRE, with red dabs on it…I spliced that one, thinking it was the one, the guage worked it just didnt boucne back and forth, or when I was giving it gas it would stay rich…

So there was another thinner wire on the ECU on the same plug a SOLID WHITE WIRE, no dabs of any color, spliced that bad boy and VOILA it worked!!!

So its workin now I can spray Nitrous without thinking im always running right…

i fixed mine too. if anyone has a bosch 02 its the black wire that is the signal back too the comp. i had it on the signal grd… wire so when i was cruisin it was in stoich.

Which wire did you splice on the ecu?, I tried mine tonight and it doesnt move. Ill try to explain which one I spliced:

If you were looking at the ecu like this:

|plugs__|

I spliced the one on the bottom row, furthest to the right, I have a 91 teg, Im assuming this is the wrong one because it doesnt work, help me out here.

TIA

Justin

Justin, my integra is a 1992, so I am obd1 you are pre-obd…I am guessing that it is still the solid white wire with no markings on it. I will check on it tommorow morning and let you know when I get to work…:cool:

Did you check on that?, also, do the a/f guages have a backlight?

solid white wire…the thinner one, there are two of em, one is thick one is solid white, it’s the thinner one…thats the one I spliced it works fine…

there is no backlite on the guage, the only thing that lights up is the little bouncing led…it doesn’t illuminate at all