a lil help here guys

ok 1st my car has about 212k on it. its the 1.7ltr gsr (92)
I have intake,cat back and zex 55 shot

heres my problem i have a leakey injector and it knocks so i am assumeing i need to replace it and when doing so need to replace all so my question is what kinda injectors should i get?
what size and all. 2nd what else should i check replace when running the zex. any imput is appreciated. :shock:

might wanna check or get new spark plugs if theyre old.

using the right octane gas?

isnt that a lot of miles to be running nos?

check and replace the easiest things first. cap, rotor, plugs and gaps, plug wires, timing, and as mentioned, make sure you’re using premium fuel. how do you know your injector is leaky? more details are needed if you want help.

Originally posted by cspeed
check and replace the easiest things first. cap, rotor, plugs and gaps, plug wires, timing, and as mentioned, make sure you’re using premium fuel. how do you know your injector is leaky? more details are needed if you want help.
And just today, I wondered where you had been.

my very good friend jordan… people like you are what make g2ic feel like family. :ok: i read more than i post these days… :open_mouth:

ok 1st yes i run 92
2nd all my plugs wires cap rotor water pump timeing belt and valves adjusted was jus done.

3rd i can see fuel comming from the injector all the way to the right but its only a very small amount in the mornings

any susgestions on injectors?

the injector is surrounded by two seals. one where it mates to the head (the bigger one) and one where it mates to the fuel rail (the smaller one). check and replace those if necessary and see if that doesn’t stop the leak.

Chances are if he has that many miles on his teg, then his injectors need replacing, not just new gaskets.

you shoulkd check if your cylinders are still good… liek if teh rods are bent or anything… does the car still run fine? and about teh injectors… it wont really matter what size injectors you buy… you still need a fuel pressure regulator and stuff… so yoru car will actually put out more fuel

Originally posted by cspeed
my very good friend jordan… people like you are what make g2ic feel like family. :ok: i read more than i post these days… :open_mouth:
:slight_smile:

Re: a lil help here guys

Originally posted by 1fastgsr
2nd what else should i check replace when running the zex. any imput is appreciated. :shock:

Personally I wouldn’t touch nitrous with a 10 foot stick, however, if you feel the need then:

Check and adjust your ignition timing in regards to the shot you are running, also double and triple check the sequence of the jets. Invest in the proper plugs as well.

I know this may sound stupid, but if you go to change your shot make sure to change BOTH jets; I know somebody with a 1992 GS-R that changed only one jet and ended up dumping a $hitload of N20 into his B17. Needless to say when the motor was pooched.

Sell the ZEX and get come ITR or CTR cams. :slight_smile:

the best injectors on the market since noone else will tell the poor fella are RC injectors…find them at rceng.com they run about $90 a piece… and get about a 250cc injector, plus an AEM rising rate fuel pressure regulator and the ZEX spark plugs… but be careful man… i tossed an intake valve with a ZEX kit… i was running a 55 too and you DO have A LOT of miles on that motor… best bet…save the cash… do your internals then turbo, then use a wet system… but if you still wanna spray now… see above,.