Accel ignition coil in OBD0 distributor

Hey folks,

What are your thoughts on the Accel ignition coil for our DA9’s, I’d like to upgrade my coil now that I can get a good price on one but Accel states It’s for 92, 93 Integra’s (which I’m guessing is obd1 related)
I’d be willing to bite the bullet and pick one up and test if nobodies tried it.

Thanks

Edit: This one
http://www.jegs.com/i/Accel/110/11076/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710533851&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15769068431&CATCI=pla-192350872391&CATARGETID=230006180037474452&cadevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrc6R64iA1QIVkYWzCh0QXwz_EAQYASABEgKcT_D_BwE

Following up on this, I can confirm the Accel coil is made for obd1 distributors, they will not fit in the 90-91’s.

Now the question is, would paying $130 for a genuine Acura coil be the way to go? Or can anyone recommend the best aftermarket option? I see Import Direct coils are made in Taiwan, for more than half the price.

Regards,
Ken

OEM coils are definitely better than the bulk (maybe all?) aftermarket pieces out there. I don’t have any experience with Import Direct though.

Sadly my local Acura (Atlanta area / Acura carland) parts dept confirmed the coil and ignitors, and even the entire distributor are discontinued. I’d love to get my hands on “new” OE main relay, ignitor, and coil… I wish my friend would have told me to hold on to my original dizzy.

What’s the rest of your setup? I’m a big proponent of converting to OBD1. If you convert to OBD1 the OEM parts should still be available. If you have a modded engine then an OBD1 setup is better for tuning anyway. If you’re staying OBD1 then you’re stuck dealing with aftermarket :frowning:

Oh I’m still obd-0, I’m in a mental debate with myself if I can justify the conversion since I have an Automatic transmission (with excellent maintenance, shifts like new), however I feel like I shouldn’t take my DA obsession too far… But to me this is a “forever car” for me

But anyway, fujita full CAI, and flowmaster catback are really the only mods other than suspension, hell I’m still rolling around on the OE 28 year old steelies haha!

Yeah, doesn’t sound like that makes sense to convert to OBD1. Perhaps just time to use aftermarket coils but try to get the best brand and maybe carry a spare with you (and tools to swap it out real quick).

I’m open to suggestions on what any member thinks is best or has had in their DA’s, O’Reillys Import Direct parts have lifetime warranty I’ve just been advised to stay away from parts made in Taiwan.

Lifetime warranty on an electrical component? That seems too good to be true! I, personally, wouldn’t be scared of Taiwan. I think it depends a lot more on the part, company, and factory that it’s made in rather than the country.

It MUST be made in Japan! Lol just kidding… It’s not really the country but the quality and reputation of the parts produced there.

There has been an influx in aftermarket parts offered with LT warranty, even wear and tear parts like brake pads, I work at O’Reilly auto parts, part time so I get a big discount on everything except oil, however Advance recently aquired worldpac and they can get actual OE parts, like the head bolts I purchased from advance auto parts were individually wrapped in Honda bags to my surprise!