Advice needed on integra motor swap

I have a 93 integra LS with 160k miles on the engine, and I’m looking to put about $3500 to $4000 in it for about 50 to 60 hp gain Some people are telling me to just get the frankenstein set up, some are saying to get the whole engine swapped out with a b18, some people are suggesting turbocharging it. What do you guys think is the best thing to do?

with that money, you are for sure better off throwing out that high mileage motor and throwing in a b18c. lsvtec on high mileage motor is not a good idea. turbocharging high mileage motor, not a good idea. however, with that money, you can rebuild your whole bottom block and clean out your head and still maybe have enough to run boost on your car.

heres what you get
JDM b18c itr longblock 195 hp 2500-3000
b16 tranny 250-400
p72 or chipped p28 ecu 200-300
performance clutch 300-500
for around 4,000 you will be very happy with this setup , its not the most powerful setup up compared to ls/vtec but the motor will last for ever

Originally posted by g2ls_integ
with that money, you are for sure better off throwing out that high mileage motor and throwing in a b18c. lsvtec on high mileage motor is not a good idea. turbocharging high mileage motor, not a good idea. however, with that money, you can rebuild your whole bottom block and clean out your head and still maybe have enough to run boost on your car.

I dont agree with this. My odometer currently reads 194k and I did the conversion at 160k. I think everything should definately be inspected for failure, however if the block and rods are in good condition, the only thing I would definately replace isthe pistons in favor of something that will yield a higher compression if you plan on staying naturally aspirated.

The first thing sir I would get out of your head is that 50-60 hp number. If I had X amound of money, only about 35-50% would go to producing more power. The rest would go to suspension and drivetrain. I think it depends if this 3500-4000 is the only money you ever plan on spending at this time or if this is how much you have now and you will spend more on it later. If the latter is the case, I would purchase some aftermarket springs and struts, or best case scenario a coilover setup such as the Teins. I would then purchase a complete b16a motor and tranny setup. This way if you plan on spending more money you can later on do an ls/vtec setup and sell the b16a block for a coupla hundred bucks. In the meantime you will have the b18a block out of the car and can inspect it for problems, or if you are going to want forced induction you have the ability to send your block to someone for service(sleeved, bored, etc) while still having a running car.

this IMO is the most cost effective and time effective way to spend your money.

:bow:

:bow:

this guys is spending money for hp, i dont think springs and coils will give him any power! teins a bad ass suspesion company, but for that money if your up for hp, i think your better off using that money for something else to get hp! lsvtec on high mileage b18a block? youll be better off getting a new block and lcvtec/turbo, that one with lower mileage. swapping pistons to stock is not worth it, getting a new block is a better idea. swapping higher compression pistons can be expensive depends on what you think is best. doing any type of swap or force induction on a high mileage motor requires alot of prep and work. doing anyting on a 160k ls block, you better make sure your oil was change every 2 or 2500 miles with synthetic oil before. most important, just do a compression check…

my .02$ keep the b18 and build it up first do all the head work… (simple and you can do it your self. not too much work to bedone there) then when your ready send the block to get work done to it… (reselve bore what ever) at this time pistons rods or even a Crower stroker kit. put it all back in the teg and you have a sweet LS that can pull your teg around town. *quietly (or buy a b17 and swap like me)

BUT i will be rebuiling my LS again and sale that bad boy off. cha ching!$!$!$