Alarm HELP!

Alright to make it easy, I have a 91 integra gs . This car has a Crime Guard CG5000 alarm with one remote. It is a one way remote I have no indication if the alarm is going off unless I’m near it. The way it was wired is a complete sloppy mess and some connections are twist tied not even soldered or taped off, it also has a spring sensor in the hood that triggers the alarm to activate when the spring moves… The alarm remote works barely and the wiring is so terrible I can’t find the path of half the wires. Nor have I been able to find the manual online or in the car for the alarm… Probably because the alarm is older than computers and books themselves… Haha , so I am wondering if anyone out there has had an alarm similar to this, and have a solution… I’m planning to remove it soon after the cars body work and brakes are finished , and upgrade with a 2way alarm, I could use reccomendations, I hear alot about viper and compustar, I really liked the description of someone’s compustar and how it worked from a couple hundred yards away in a brick school building … So I’m looking for some people’s input , thanks!

I have a DirectedElectronics (DEI) 2-way alarm and love it. 1mile (unobstructed) range, plenty of add-ons available etc. Viper/Clifford/Stinger/etc are all DEI products and most of the add-ons are identical for newer systems.

If you’re not familiar with wiring, I’d pay someone to uninstall the old alarm and put the new one in, all in one swoop.

If you just start yanking shit out it will be that much more of a headache for the new installer.

[QUOTE=unified112;2298978]
If you’re not familiar with wiring, I’d pay someone to uninstall the old alarm and put the new one in, all in one swoop.

If you just start yanking shit out it will be that much more of a headache for the new installer.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally! You have no idea how many alarm systems I have redone for people who have no business doing wiring…

Alright thanks so much, hey every now and then we get lazy and want someone else to do the work for us I will definitely take that advice and hand that to one of the many audio shops that I would trust. That sounds really good ill do some research on models, about how much did you end up spending on your alarm? And I know every place is different but what roughly did you pay for installation if you had it installed by someone else? Thanks