All Motor DA

This is my ls vtec I put together almost 2 years ago. It’s a pretty fun setup for a daily driver.

B18A1 Block
B16 Head
P30 High Compression Pistons
Shotpeened LS Rods
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Studs
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
B17 YS1 Transmission
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
310 Precision Injectors
Stock Exhaust Manifold
b17 cams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ej1RVtFgd4

Idle was high in video because my idle adjuster screw would keep sliding out lol. Had to teflon it

i love that crossover point. sounds wicked. love me some VTEC.

why do you hold the steering wheel like its a serving plate? with your hands in that spot, you have less range of motion during emergency reactions, you would have to remove a hand from the wheel in order to turn the wheel hard enough to avoid potential dangerous situations.

then, with one hand on the wheel youve now got 50% less strength to correct after you avoid an accident, potentially causing you to wreck out and crash, which would suck after just avoiding a collision with something else.

just something i noticed, i lost a car from getting hung up on my own arms trying to correct oversteer in the rain and lost control of the car, hitting a power line pole at 45mph sideways, i used to hold the wheel kinda like you do. i wouldnt want to see that happen again if it could be avoided.

have fun!

Sounds good to me man… looks good too, judging from the still at the beginning of the vid.

Get rid of the stock exhaust manifold though! Let that motor BREATHE!!!

Hey dude, what suspension setup are you on? That’s a nice drop.

that’s sick man… I just did a build. I get it back Friday from tuning and then I’ll have to break it in. I can’t wait to get it though. How much WHP do you think you have?

If your motor is being dyno-tuned, then its already going to be broken in…

And, you realise this thread is almost a year and a half old?

yea I figured it was an old thread. I have t been on the site in awhile. Yea my car is not getting dyno tuned. It’s getting street tuned.

Either way… tuned is tuned. After initial start-up, and the first 10 minutes of running, you’re good to go.

To tune a motor you have to go through the entire RPM range. After two or three pulls, its broken in.

Cortney tunes cars right at initial start up. If its built correctly, there are no issues in doing so.

well that’s good to know. I have heard a bunch of stuff about motor break in and you never know who to believe. Cortney actually sold me a bottom end for my car. Do you live in Utah man?

Yessir I live in Salt Lake. Cort tuned my brothers Civic last summer.

It had less than 50 miles on it and Cort put it on the dyno and was taking it to 10,500 RPM. Motor still runs strong as ever.

sweet man… Finally someone that is on this website that lives in SLC!! Your the first one that I know that lives by me now. I live in Sandy by Little Cotton Wood Canyon.

Yeah there are about three other local guys on here… I’m out near RMR.

But yeah after seeing how hard Cort pushes a motor on the dyno, there’s not much you could do to ‘break the motor in’. I cringed seeing how hard he makes the motor work.

sweet… well we will have to get together sometime…

Check out my build thread… get at me with any questions or whatever in my thread, we should stop cluttering this thread with Off Topic stuff.

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?203377-Long-build-in-process.

very nice bumps for u !!!

sweet I’m checking it out now… Looks sick… If you ever come across a 92-93 front bumper let me know man… I’ve got a 90 integra and I like the newer front bumpers better. I will have to make a build thread when I’m all done. As far as paint goes I need to have my car repainted. Someone a few years ago tried to break in and or steal it and I have holes in my door handles which now are rust. :frowning: