Almost everything electrical problem

Ive searched and cant find any problems that are like mine. Ive owned 2 Da’s before and have never had any problems like this, I just picked this Da up that needed a bottom end so its up and running but having some major electrical problems. Nothing works-------

Wipers do not work if you put a fuse in it blows immediatly

Sunroof if you put a fuse in the sunroof closes and the motor keeps trying to close it once its closed

Reverse lights do not work

Turn signals and hazards do not work all fuses are good

Horn does not work

Cruise does not work

I have checked the sunroof and hazard switches and there is no power going to them

I can not figure this out the car is stock and non of the wiring has been jacked into from what i can see looking under the dash. Any suggestions would be great I might be looking for an Icu to test out on it.

With the wipers it’s a short, the fuse is blowing because of a short in the circuit.

I would be looking for a problem with wiring in the engine bay, as that is where work has been done, pay close attention around under hood fuse box and harness leading into car, also pay close attention to grounds, make sure the batt. to chassis ground, [under batt. mounting bracket].:cross:94

I have been looking fo shorts but cant find any, the only work that was ever done in the engine bay was by me and I have replaces numerous motors and done plenty of motor swaps I know for a fact it was nothing I did, plus it was having these problems before I pulled the motor. What all does the Icu control is it a possibility that needs to be replaced since there is so many problems?? It would be nice to have a wiring diagram so I can check power for stuff coming to and from the fuse box and follow the wiring for each accessory. If someone has a link post it up.

The ICU only controls wiper intermittent mode and “quick wash” mode, however, the wiper fuse, [fuse 16 - 20A, hot in run, in under dash fuse box] is connected to the ICU when intermittent, or quick wash mode is turned on.
The rear wiper is also on that power circuit, [fuse 16].
You could unplug the rear harness at/around under dash fuse box, and see if you still have a short or know the short is in the rear harness.

The ICU does not control the sun roof.

The ICU does not control the backup lights, [reverse lights].

The ICU does not control horn or cruise control.

The ICU controls things like intermittent wipers, warning chimes, [key still in ign., lights still on] it has the timer for the rear window defog among a few more I’m sure.

Did you check your chassis ground?
Do you have a multimeter?

To troubleshoot electrical problems you need a multimeter, if you do not have one, get one, any more suggestions I can make will require you to use a multimeter to trace where the problems are, you said…
I have checked the sunroof and hazard switches and there is no power going to them” How did you check the hazard switch?
Did you use a meter or test light?

There are two 12V+ leads going to the hazard switch…

1 - White/green, hazard lights fuse, fuse 34 -10A,[hot at all times] in under hood fuse box, sorry only have fuse number for CDN model.
2 - Yellow/red or yellow, signal lights and back-up lights, fuse 1 (91-93) fuse 23 (90) - 10A, [hot in run and start] in under dash fuse box.

Sorry can’t be much help with the sunroof as I have no wiring diagram for it, however it just may be related to the other problems.

The back up lights are controlled by the “A/T Gear Position Switch” [automatic] it is bolted to the right hand side of shifter bracket, or the “Back Up Lights Switch” [standard] it is screwed into the transmission. the horns are powered by fuse 37 - 20A, [hot at all times] in under hood fuse box, the white/green wire at the horns should be “hot at all times” the horn switch supplies the ground, [blue/red lead at horns].

Now the cruise control is connected to a ton of stuff, however the main fuse is fuse 24 -15A, [hot in run and start] in under dash fuse box.

The common thing, among the things that are wrong, is the ground and in one way or another the circuits of all the above run between the engine bay and the passenger compartment.

You also said you checked the fuses, how did you do that?

Did you just look at them or did you use a meter or test light to confirm the fuses are good?:hmm:94

PS, when you post again, include MM&Y of car, auto or manual, USDM, JDM or CDM.

It is a 1990 acura integra ls, manual usdm I was using a multimeter. I borrowed from a friend and do not have it tonight. I used a multimeter to test everything I could with the limited info I could find, your info helps more but do not have access to the multimeter until tomorrow.

OK, talk at you later.:cross: 94

Also I have no fuse for the hazards fuse #34 in the underhood fuse box. There arent any prongs that the fuse would plug in to.

Everything works now, whoever had the interior fuse box out before me plugged plugs into plugs that werent supposed to plug in. The only thing I do not have is reverse lights but not a big deal I can fix that. Thanks for all your help anyway.

Also I have no fuse for the hazards fuse #34 in the underhood fuse box. There arent any prongs that the fuse would plug in to.
That’s because yours is a usdm, it is fuse 34 on the cdm, my Haynes does not say what fuse it is on a usdm, only that it is another one.:stare:
Could you tell me which one it is for future reference.:corn:94

Seriously I have no idea what fuse it is, the plug that plugs into the fuse box that has a single white/green wire had no power so i spliced power into it and now I have hazards. I will try and get pictures up of what was going on.

underhood hazard fuse is fuse#1 10a for US car without antilock. For cars with antilock, it is fuse#2 which is a seperate from the fusebox and located on the battery terminal

underhood hazard fuse is fuse#1 10a for US car without antilock. For cars with antilock, it is fuse#2 which is a seperate from the fusebox and located on the battery terminal
Fuse 1???, I thought the under hood fuse box started with fuse 30 or so in a G2, fuse 1, [and fuse 2]
is definitely in the under dash fuse box.:think: 94

You are correct. The listed fuse # are 30-38. I was looking at the service manual, not the etm, and there was not a fuse # listed. There was a 1 and a 2 next the two fuses in the diagram for the footnote, and I stupidly mistook those numbers for the fuse #. Sorry for the confusion.

I was thinking it was odd for there to be two #1 and #2 fuses.

I went out to the car to get the ETM. There is no fuse # for the hazard on the US car. The slot for it is listed as ALB1 in the ETM. When there is ALB present the Hazard fuse is moved to the battery terminal and the ALB1 is 15a and goes to the alb unit. The fusebox itself is clearly marked with hazard and 10A.

For reference the #34 fuse uses 7.5a fuse in the US instead of the 10a that Canada uses. It also powers the Auto Seatbelt unit that US is stuck with

Well that clears that up, I think.:dunno:

What fuse is the hazard fuse if car does not have ABS?
My Haynes indicates it is in the under hood fuse box, but that it is not fuse 34 as in the Canadian model.:hmm:94

The picture shoud help clear things up. The Hazard Fuse is where the ALB1 fuse is non ALB cars. ALB 1, ALB 2, and ALB 3 do not have fuse # either

My ETM differs fromm this pic I found

OK, that works.:up: 94