Alternator bolt please help!

Hey all, Somehow our lower alternator bolt has wiggled loose and out. Now I need a new one but no one has a listing on this part. I need to know the size/pitch/thread of this bolt so I can match up a new one. Help please!
-Ian

junkyard time!

Ive had that happen twice at the track. After the second time I used a very long (like 4.5") 3/8" bolt and a lock nut. It hasnt come off yet.

Ben

just get a screw about the same size and scre it in with a bolt. it should work, mine went jacked at the track twice too. never fell off though.

The problem with replacing it with just a bolt and nut is that the alt. will still wiggle slightly. It may not be much but it isn’t good on the brackets, alt. bearing or belt. I’d love to find a DA in a junk yard but I never have found one. We just moved to Arcadia, FL (outside of Port Charlotte) so if anyone is from around there and knows where I can find one let me know.
-Ian

What’s with DAs and alternator bolts. I also lost one at the track and I know of another member that lost his as well. Anyway, I replaced mine with a generic “alternator” bolt from the auto parts store and the fit was actually pretty damn good. I recently went to the junk yard and found an alternator bolt on a 91? Prelude that looked to be about the same. I’m goint to see if it fits this weekend. But I’m pretty sure that this bolt is the same on other model Hondas as it is on the Integra.
-nino

Originally posted by SlowMopar
The problem with replacing it with just a bolt and nut is that the alt. will still wiggle slightly. It may not be much but it isn’t good on the brackets, alt. bearing or belt. I’d love to find a DA in a junk yard but I never have found one. We just moved to Arcadia, FL (outside of Port Charlotte) so if anyone is from around there and knows where I can find one let me know.
-Ian

No, it doesnt wiggle. A 3/8" bolt is very very close to the stock size. Plus the lower part of the alternator is nice and boxed in. Its not moving.

Ben

Does anyone know the size of the nut that goes with this bolt?
I replaced my alt and I guess I didn’t tighten the lower one properly and now it’s gone.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

SlowMopar Hey all, Somehow our lower alternator bolt has wiggled loose and out. Now I need a new one but no one has a listing on this part. I need to know the size/pitch/thread of this bolt so I can match up a new one. Help please!
-Ian

Honda part number 90057-PG7-003 I’ts like $4 or less

BorderWayne that’s great info man, thanks.

SlowMopar check this site out http://estore.honda.com/epc/asp/rjane007.asp# I just bought this bolt from the acura dealer and well the nut is a 10mm and for the top I believe it’s an 8mm… Just got to a bolt place and get a very long bolt with a 10mm nut on it… Hope this helps.

i just bought it at the dealer. like 5 bucks. it has an odd shaped head to it. meh i guess.

Seems like this is a common problem. I was cleaning my wheel wells this weekend and noticed mine was missing the nut. It even had the lock washer just hangin on the bolt! (ALot of good that thing did.) So I just grabbed a spare nut.I think it was a 14mm.