An Interesting Problem...

Well the problem first started about a year ago. My tach would jump all over the place after about 5k rpm. I replaced the Ignitor and the car has been fine ever since. Well about a couple of weeks ago the car started dying out while driving. Well I figured out the problem and It was the Ignition Coil. So I replaced that. Now about a week or 2 later it starts to spike around 4.5k rpm. Since the Ignition Coil is new and Igniter is about a year old, What else could cause the rpm gauge to flip out?? When the car has been runned for a while it will miss a lot when the RPM gauge flips out. The Cap and rotor has about 12,000 miles on it. Could the bad contact on the cap and rotor be a problem??If anyone else has a recommendation please let me know :smiley: Thank you …

:cool:

Sup MAV, I would think it is your cap and rotor. They normally go bad around 10,000 miles (daily driven). Sparks within your cap could be jumping since the contacts will lose conductivity over a period of time. I’ll E-mail you, and give you my number, if you want I’ll hook you up at REDLINE AUTOMOTIVE!!

Peace!!