Annoying Squeaking Sound When Accelerating

Hey guys, I have a 92 GSR with 127k miles on it. Lately, when I accelerate my car, it makes an annoying squeaking sound. I don’t know where its coming from and its really annoying me. Anyone have any ideas where it could be from?

thanks

sounds like a belt

Maybe you need to spray a little WD-40 on the moving parts of your gas pedal.

Check your distributor … could be the bearing … rev your motor a bit with your hand on the cap … if you hear squealing, feel clunking/grinding . stop driving it, and get that distributor replaced.

Mine is doing something similar, but it starts to do it one the car is moving…i still hear it when in N and just rolling…its not to loud but its kinda annoying…it almost sounds like something has to be oiled up, anyone have any ideas?? Oh as far as I can tell its coming from the front i think around the wheels…

Originally posted by MDaniel22
Mine is doing something similar, but it starts to do it one the car is moving…i still hear it when in N and just rolling…its not to loud but its kinda annoying…it almost sounds like something has to be oiled up, anyone have any ideas?? Oh as far as I can tell its coming from the front i think around the wheels…

That is exactly what’s happening to mine. the sound seems to be coming from the front wheels. if anyone can help us out that would be great!

wheel bearings?

–Russ

mine makes an annoying little squeak when i step on the gas. WD 40 easily remedied the problem. I also have another little “rub” somewhere. When its cold and i am just driving along it makes a little rough rub type of noise. sounds like a front left rub, i have no idea what the hell it is.

where should i apply the wd40?

same problem here but i can only hear it when the radio and vents are off and driving around 10mph. it almost sounds like the waterpump or somethin

I get a whirl/squeek at 2800 rpm that’s pretty loud but no other RPM’s and only when the clutch is engaged ie:drivetrain engaged.

Yeah so where do we spray the wd-40???

it might be your axles. chech them and make sure the axle boot is not ripped up. sometimes when they rip, all of the high temp grease comes out and leaves a squeeky noise around the wheels when accelerating. this happened to me about 3-4 times replacing my axles everytime. this is due to how low i put my car.
i belevie the lower the car the more beating these guys get.

mine comes from the hinges of the rear folding hatch, where the rear speakers are located. i have yet to stop the squeal myself… out comes the wd 40.