Assistance wiring db2 engine harness into obd1 db1.

That is why I did the same. Everything unplugs, and an ls harness will plug back in incase someone decides to swap the b17 for a non vtec. It would have been much easier to use an ls engine harness in my case; however, that is what I had, so that is what I used.

How is it going so far?

i have everything wired, but it is throwing code 15 (ignition output signal)
and code 20 (ELD), and im not getting spark.

I figure i blew the §§§§§ when i hooked it up without it being properly wired, so i am going out right now and throwing on the spare i have lying around.

Other than that, on the diagram i noticed that there were three TDC sensor wires, and only 1 cylinder sensor wire, so i tryed to use some common sense and realized that the other cylinder sensor was the extra TDC wire. i hope ts right.

But now instead of just cranking, it primes the main relay and the fuel pump, so i everything should be good.
Thanks again, and ill post up when im done changing out the distributor

i have everything wired, but it is throwing code 15 (ignition output signal)
and code 20 (ELD), and im not getting spark.

I figure i blew the distributor when i hooked it up without it being properly wired, so i am going out right now and throwing on the spare i have lying around.

Other than that, on the diagram i noticed that there were three TDC sensor wires, and only 1 cylinder sensor wire, so i tryed to use some common sense and realized that the other cylinder sensor was the extra TDC wire. i hope ts right.

But now instead of just cranking, it primes the main relay and the fuel pump, so i everything should be good.
Thanks again, and ill post up when im done changing out the distributor

wow, double post, my bad.

Yea like I said I didn’t have the car to go and double check everything, so I wrote it out to the best of my knowledge using what I wrote down and trying to remember all of the changes I afterwards. If you find any inconsistancies let me know. I always try to double check any wiring I do with a multimeter before giving it power.

I am going to be out of town the next couple days, but If you need any futher help I will do my best. I do have access to both the helms and haynes manuals right now, but I don’t have my laptop on me to check the sheet. You are more then likely right about the cylinder sensor.

Changed distributor, no help. still have a code 15 and a code 20 :shrug:

heres a pic of the harness, done, not loomed yet.

i know this is an old post. i am making a brand new milspec tuck harness and am now in the process of making the sun harness to connect to the chassis, but i cant find the db2 shock tower pinout. my customer was supposed to provide a factory harness so i could borrow it, but they need the car as a daily. can you by chance provide me pics of the stock shock tower plugs so i can see the wire colors and decifer from there?

i make these all brand new from scratch.

cjswiring.bigcartel.com

Just noticed this, sorry. You want pictures of the wires directly out of the engine - chassis plugs on the left side? Let me know if you still need anything and I can see what pictures I have archived. No clue where that car is now, but I drove it hard one time before I gave it back to the guy, and it was real quick.