Assistance wiring db2 engine harness into obd1 db1.

Sorry man, my internet has been down the last couple days, I get to it tonight or tomorrow. the car runs strong though.

Id really appreciate it, man. im sick of seeing my teg just sit there, all ready to go, just not starting. :bang:

Yea I was glad to see that car gone myself; I have to do some cement work, and when I get done I will see what I can do.

:slight_smile: cool

I am looking through what I wrote and there is one page I can’t seem to find, but I will do as best as possible. There might be a couple differences, but if I can give you the basics you should be able to double check/verify with a multimeter rather quickly. There were a couple that I mixed up as it is easy to make simple mistakes when working with that sort of mess, but I should have almost everything corrected when I post it…

Would you like a spreadsheet, or what? I could just do it like that and then screenshot or convert into a pdf.

going to find my office 07 cd right now…

working on a decent spread sheet right now. I might wait to post till tomorrow, but I am indeed working on it. The garage was in a mess in the aftermath, so finding everything and remembering all of the few changes I made will take a minute.

Just looking for something to point me firmly in the right direction. :read:

Anything that could help would be awesome

Hey shoot me your email and I will send you an excel sheet here in a couple when I finish. Ill mess with formating it to post up later.

email sent :rockon:

Wow, man. awesome. i greatly appreciate this. you saved me a long painful headache. much thanks. :slight_smile:

Hope that makes sense about how the the plugs have different wires routed through them. What I did was get extra plugs from the junkyard with a decent length of wires and wire the plugs accordingly as you can see in the pictures.

If I get a chance I will try to convert the excel file into a jpeg. I can get you ecu pinouts as well if you need them, but you shouldn’t.

yeah, i have all the pinouts, my only concern is that i am going to have to run wires over the enginge and loom them and it may look kinda ugly

Do you think i could get a pinning tool and depin them and repin them to the right spot?

Well the plugs were sealed, so it would be a mess to repin them. Also there are a few are routed through opposite sides, so you will have to run/reroute those either way. You could always cut and rewire/route the engine harness as needed. As far as looming them, it won’t look messy if you take the time to do it right. That is just a matter of patience.

Thats cool i guess. i just want my baby to come to life. if i have any questions when this weekend comes, ill give a holler on here and hope you can help me out. thanks again. :up:

and did you mention something about the ABS system wired into the harness?
you used a db2 engine harness, right. Where there any unused plugs, or is ABS not wired into the engine harness?
i am doing some research on that and cant come up with anything.

No no extra plugs, I just heard that obd1 integras with abs that part of it is routed through the engine harness. I can’t confirm that though. Just thought I would give you a heads up. How is the diagram I send you?

From what I remember when pulling my chassis harness on my 91 GS, the ABS wiring was separate from the engine harness. So it’s wired into the chassis harness I’m pretty sure. Great job too darin d! :rockon:

The diagram is awesome. I am yet to do this as i have no time at all till the weekend to mess with her( for example, i went to work today at 4:30am and got off just now a 6:00pm)

I dont think i will have many problems though, hopefully, it appears that everything will work out, but i will know by the weekend.

mrpenny, in my scenario, i have a 92 gsr which is OBD1 so ABS may or may not be wired into the harness. I definitely agree with you about darin d’s great job though. :up:

“Hold UP, wait a minute”. If you already have a DB2 chassis harness what do you need to do this for? You should just find a DB2 engine harness and you’ll be set!

^ have been looking for almost a month now. I am gonna try to make it so i can unhook the jumpers if i were to eventually find one. the harness is rare as shit.