Auto Seat Belt Does Not Retract

The driver side seat belt, of my 93’ Integra will not retract when the door is closed. It will retract into the open position when the door is open, but will only retract into the locked position when the door is slammed with force. Does anyone know a simple way to fix this?

Does it at least attempt to go back when you close the door normally? That is, does seem to be getting jammed on its way back to the closed-door position? Or does it seem like it doesn’t know it should go back when the door is closed. I’m trying to determine if there’s a track issue or a switch issue.

The seat belt can go back, but it’s only when the door is slammed really hard, other that that it won’t.

Check out that post from DA6xsi06 about his seat belts acting weird. It might be your door latch too.

Acura/Honda warranties the seatbelts for life, so just get it fixed at the dealership.

I’ve tried the dealership twice in different locations. They want about 100 bucks to diagnose it. I know, I know. It should be free of charge. I could go further and file a complaint to the Bureru but I dont’ want to go throught the hassle.