Auto seat belts not working, a/c blows hot air, anti lock brake light on & etc help!

What’s Up G2 im any money spent.new to this forum & I joined to seek help in the corny issues im having w my car at the moment. The issues never really stopped me from driving but it would be nice to fix them w little no … for starters …

• CORRECT PLACE AUTO SEAT BELTS NOT WORKING ( FUSES ARE IN & NOT BURNT OUT)
  • A/C BLOWS HOT AIR (I THINK ITS A LEAK IN A HOSE IF IM NOT MISTAKEN)
  • ANTI LOCK BRAKE LIGHT ON
    & FRONT DEFOG ISNT WORKING CORRECTLY ( EVERYTIME I PUSH THE BUTTON IN IT DOESNT STAY IN )

IF IM POSTING SOME OF THESE IN THE WRONG AREA I APOLOGIZE ONCE AGAIN IM NEW TO THIS FORUM

welcome to the forum?

can you go into more detail about the seatbelts not working? my driver side belt started to intermittently stop working. the suck part about it is that it would only get stuck in the forward position. I did some digging on the auto seatbelts and found out 2 things.

1. there is a manual override for the seatbelts should they become stuck. if you look at the panel where the seatbelt goes behind, there is a little plastic piece that can be popped out of the panel. if you look directly in you will see a black hex head that will accept an allen key so you can manually wind the belt.

2. there is a position indicator somewhere in the door that actually sends the signal to the belt to let it know when the door is open or closed. I have no idea what it looks like or where it actually is.

I haven’t troubleshot my issue with the goal of fixing it yet so I just put the belt in the driving position and pulled the fuse for it in the engine bay fuse box. now I just manually attach my seatbelt or remove when I get in and out of the car like you would in any other car.

if your ac is blowing hot air then there could be a number of problems. the easiest place to start is with the switch itself. when you press the ac button does it light up? does your ac system have leaks? is your ac system charged? is your compressor working? these are all easy things to check and if any of them fail a check then searching for the problem from there is pretty easy. there are only so many parts that make the ac system blow cold air.

idk much about the abs in our cars since ive never had to deal with it but if the light is on then you should be able to pull the code and see what the issue is. its probably just a failed sensor.

if the buttons on your ac panel aren’t working then swap the panel. theyre pretty easy to find and cheap.

the seat belts are set in driving postion, but I just wanna see if its possible to fix it to work automatically, I hear acura repairs it as well.

the compressor and everything works its a leak cause I put the stuff to make the ac cold & it started to smoke like it was a leak, but im unsure how to locate the leak

leaks can be found very easily in the ac system. there are kits they sell with a special dye that will show you where the leak is. they are readily available in any auto parts store. autozone, advance, oreillys, anything like that. any shop that services ac’s should also be able to find it for you.

as far as your seatbelt issue goes, i suggest looking for the position indicator in the door somewhere and going from there. you also COULD hand it off to acura but i doubt they will be able to do anything for you…

[QUOTE=DA_all_day;2319968]…as far as your seatbelt issue goes, i suggest looking for the position indicator in the door somewhere and going from there. you also COULD hand it off to acura but i doubt they will be able to do anything for you…[/QUOTE]At least in the US, the position sensor is covered by the warranty, even though technically the sensor is not part of the seatbelt assembly. I had the same problem on the passenger side, belt intermittently stays in the forward position. Being repaired today under warrantly.

To be honest, it is taking three days. One day to diagnose, one day for the parts to be shipped, and one day to do the repairs.

If its a daily driver, then in theory you could take the car in and wait for them to diagnose the problem and then drive it away while waiting for parts, but I just left it there for the three days it took to get it done.

The seatbelts have a lifetime warranty. Take it to Acura to be fixed. The defrost and heat problem is more than likely a vacume or electrical problem in the plenum that adjusts the airflow.