Automatic windows are very slow

Got a GS 91 and my windows roll up very slow. Goes much slower when the drivers and passengers go up at the same time. Is the motor just going bad? Also the window itself wobbles when you move it with your hand.

Any info would be great thanks.

The slow windows are possibly due to wear and/or debris in the switches. You can take them apart to clean the contacts in the switch or even solder in some new contacts if they’re too worn. The window tracks may need some cleaning and re-greasing as well.

The wobble could be from broken “slider assemblies” - these are the pieces that bolt to the bottom of the glass and slide along the tracks. Unfortunately these are all discontinued now so if yours are broken you’ll need to find replacements at the junk yard.

Ok I can do cleaning of the contacts or even solder new contacts. We’ll see how that goes. For the wobble, I swore I’ve seen a picture write-up somewhere to tighten the “brush brackets” hardware. Something like that. Thanks for your information.

Yes, there are also some “pads” which hold the window in the correct position and provide something non-marring for the glass to slide on so it’s not sliding on metal or any other parts of the door. You can look at adjusting those but unless the bolts came loos or someone loosened those pads I wouldn’t expect they’d be loose enough to make a tremendous difference. Wouldn’t hurt to pull them out an clean them up though.

So I clean the contacts. They didn’t look dirty at all but cleaned it out anyway. I’ve greased the joints and tightened the “pads”. The windows still go up slowly. Could it by the regulator motor going bad. If any, the Battery is new and alt was changed two months ago.

Did you notice wear on the contacts? They are often worn down so it isn’t just cleaning that needs to be done. When they’re worn they don’t make good contact and they struggle to provide enough juice to the motor.

Try running wires directly from the battery to the wires that plug into the switch. Basically you’re bypassing the switch and factory wiring. If you do this and the window works the same you know it’s not the switch or wiring and that it’s something with the motor, regulator or physical guides…etc. If the window operates normally then you know the problem is somewhere in the switch or factory wiring.

So I resurfaced the contacts with a dremel. I’ve ran bypass wires to the battery to the switch. Stills slow. Anything else to check before i go and buy an new motor?

The contacts should be smooth, so the dremel may have made them too rough, you may have also removed too much material. But, hard to say if that’s the problem.

You said you ran bypass wires to the switch - what I was instructing you to do was run bypass wires directly to the motor, not to the switch. If you run the bypass wires to the switch you’re isolating the factory wiring. So, you’ve just proven the factory wiring is OK. But, you have not isolated the switch so the switch still could be the culprit. Try running the bypass wires directly into the wiring plug that plugs into the switch - so you’re not using the switch at all. This will help you determine if the issue is with the motor or with the switch.

i had the same issue with my 92 teg and used crc silicone spray on the tracks the window travels on and worked like a charm.