Axle Rubbing on suspension fork

Has anyone else had problems with a front axle rubbing on the inside front half of the shock/spring forks? My driver’s side axle rubs there and I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem.

[SIZE=“3”]READ THIS BEFORE POSTING[/SIZE]

• I have polyurethane bushings everywhere possible in the front suspension (2 LCA bushings, radius rod bushings, and sway bar bushings. null
  • I have Innovative polyurethane motor mounts
  • I have brand new (<6mos old) OEM Acura inner and outer tie rods
  • I have the polyurethane version of the Ingalls camber kit (-0.5* to +1.5*).
  • I recently had an alignment (~3 mos ago). This didn't fix the problem
  • The front forks are on properly
  • The wheel bearings are in okay condition
  • The ball joints are in okay condition
  • The car is very low.
  • I have EG/DC Koni yellows and GC coilovers, mounted in EG/DC forks.

My first steps to diagnose the problem are going to be:
Take off the Ingalls camber kit and inspect for any obvious problems. Reinstall, torquing to spec.
Take off the front LCA’s and inspect urethane bushings for problems. Compare against an OEM LCA if possible, to determine if LCA is bent.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

its the forks my car has been the same for over two tears now when i swapped my car to tein SS coilovers for a DC and had to change my forks to the newer ones DC/EG
i even put my stock shocks with cut springs back on to see if it was from being too low and i ahd plenty of clearance with the DA forks
its the forks
but i have had no problem since besides that it rubs a bit

Ok I’m having a hard time understanding what you wrote. Here’s my interpretation:

It’s not due to what fork is on the spring/shock/fork combo is on the car; mine rubbed with both the DA and DC spring/shock/forks. I believe it is due to how low the car is. Possibly raising the ride height will fix it.

Please clarify
Thanks

he said that the rubbing is caused by your car being too low

its not from being too low. my old setup of DA koni/GC was lower than my current setup ITR cusco zero2, and i had no issues with axle rub with the DA setup. my passengerside axle rubs on my current setup. it pisses me off.

have you tried having the caster adjusted?

The caster isn’t adjustable on the DA. I’ve already tightened the radius rod bushings as much as I could.

I have had the same issue with a similar setup. Lowered car on DC suspension, urethane bushings, camber kit, new bearings, inner and outer tie rods, balljoints, etc. I think it is the EG/DC forks.

By the way, caster can be made adjustable with washers, traction bars, or Accord radius rods, but you do need to know what you are doing before messing with it. Mine was way out of spec, so I adjusted mine back within stock specs using some washers. It helped with the car’s handling, but my axles still rub the forks.

if your running stock motor mounts…check them…maybe thats whats causing them to rub…

i know my blown motor mounts were breaking my axles and saw some rubbing marks on the inner part of the fork…

Updated the thread. I have Innovative motor mounts

• I have polyurethane bushings everywhere possible in the front suspension (2 LCA bushings, radius rod bushings, and sway bar bushings. null [B]Prothane in all of those and the UCA bushings[/B]
  • I have Innovative polyurethane motor mounts [B]Got all 4 red ones[/B]
  • I have brand new (<6mos old) OEM Acura inner and outer tie rods [B]New inner and outer and converted to a manual EF steering rack[/B]
  • I have the polyurethane version of the Ingalls camber kit (-0.5* to +1.5*). [B]Went with the SPC upper balljoint kit[/B]
  • I recently had an alignment (~3 mos ago). This didn't fix the problem [B]I have had many alignments with my lifetime allignment deal at Big 10 Tires and my brother currently working at Acura (over half a dozen within the past year, since I had one everytime I replaced an axle or did anything to the suspension)[/B]
  • The front forks are on properly [B]Mine too and even tried a different set[/B]
  • The wheel bearings are in okay condition [B]Replaced - new[/B]
  • The ball joints are in okay condition [B]Replaced - new[/B]
  • The car is very low. [B]No fender gap in the front and slightly tucking in the rear with -0.5deg camber on 17's[/B]
  • I have EG/DC Koni yellows and GC coilovers, mounted in EG/DC forks. [B]ITR spec Ohlins struts,Supension Techniques EG/DC 2+" drop springs, EG/DC forks, and ITR LCA's (front strut has 3 settings for the spring perch and it is on the lowest)[/B]

I just picked up a set of H&R CRX full coilovers that are going on in a little over a week when I get out of school for my month long Christmas break. They are supposed to lower from 3-5 inches (starts at three inches not zero - I have heard that you can make your car completely undrivable with them). I’m also going to install another set of axels. It is either the axles or forks or both. I will take pictures of the exact position of both styles of forks when I have mine apart changing them (going back to DA forks with the CRX coilovers).

Driver side is the one that rubs the most on mine, too (I believe the passenger side has rubbed some, too IIRC).

Every part on my suspension was torqued to factory specs, and I have had the issue from day one of my conversion. It has been apart and re-torqued correctly every time.

It’s known to be a common problem with swapping between suspension setups and making hybrid setups. It’s the FORKS. Case closed. Convert back to DA forks and suspension and lower it the same and it will not rub. The opening of the EG/DC forks where the axles goes through are smaller then that of the DA.

I forgot to add that I’m going back to DA Konis, so I’m trading my DC Konis/Forks.

does anybody have updates? i guess i gotta switch back to DA shocks too.

i also have the dc forks, had them for a while now but never noticed any rubbing. Now i just finished changing my clutch, and switched to AVID billet mounts, and now i noticed the driverside axle is extremely close to the fork. so close a piece a paper will barely fit through. I thought it might be because of the new motor mounts, but the stock front mount still lines up fine.

i don’t know if it has been like this the whole time but i just noticed now after reading this thread.

I’ve got finals this week. I’ll probably tackle it before the new year.

I also am going through this same problem its. Frustrating someone said it can be my lower comtrol arm. Or try swapping forks. But makes no sence

I definitely think it’s the forks as well but it seems to be hit and miss. I’ve swapped over to dc forks 4 times now and they have rubbed twice. The other two times were fine. I still haven’t figured out exactly why they sometimes rub and other times don’t.