b16 rear motor mount bracket

I used the bracket that came with my B18a. :shrug:

yea i got the bracket issue fixed…now im havin harness problems

Ya, if you have cream on both ends then you don’t need that harness. (wow, that may not be the best way to put it) I would suggest having someone else look at it, or atleast get the shop to tell you WHAT the problems are with the harness. Maybe it was cut in 20 places, but he neglected to mention this.

i mean i dont understand…the harness that came with the motor was cream colored but was also cut at the main thick section…im gettin it towed back to my house soon and im gonna see what i can do… quick question…the axles are out of the engine right now…is there a certain way they go in or just in the grooves?

There is an inner and outer side to the axle, so you cannot shove the wheel side into the tranny or vice-versa. You have to push them in far enough to get them to seat. You should hear or atleast feel a click when you do this, and then the axle will not want to come back out. Dont pull too hard on the shaft you can pull the shaft out of the joint. I did this, and spent 20 minutes “fishing” it back in. Pull on the joint itself, not the shaft. “Fishing” the shaft back into the joint can be a real pain in the ass.

thanks alot…hopefully ill have my car up and running soon

alright…so i went to go pick up my car and they told me i have a hydraulic tranny…but the harness that came with it has cream colored plugs…BUT they are having problems gettin everything hooked up…i told them everything should plug up fine except for the extra vtec wires but they said for sure the harness wasnt goin together…im so lost now…i have a conversion harness if i need it…is there any other way i can find out for sure the OBD status on my motor…:violin:

At this point I think pictures are going to be the only way to solve this. Post pics of the plugs if you can. Either that, or maybe there is another member that is local to you, and they might beable to assist.

alright ill get picks as soon as possible thanks

alright…i got the car back and only have 4 or 5 other plugs to hook up…im wondering about the extra vaccum lines at the throttle body. also could anyone give me advice…the guy who put my motor in didnt tighten the crown nuts on the upper and lower control arms…we got it on the trailer fine but when we were getting it off…the front tires caved in and my front end hit the ground…now i need new axles but the right side axle the spline or gear broke off in the tranny…what should i do? its flush with the tranny. any help would be greatly appreciated.

alright so the ECU they sent me is says PR3…and if i am correct that is the obd-1 motor? and my stock ls should have the pr4 ecu?

PR3 can be OBD0 or OBD1 (I have an OBD1 version in my car) From what I hear, the OBD0 PR3 is more common than the OBD1 PR3. Go by the colors of the engine harness plugs, cream colored = OBD0 Grey colored = OBD1

alright the motor came with cream colored plugs…so im guessin my mechanic didnt know what he was talkin about because he said i had a hydro tranny

I don’t think they had a hydro tranny mated to an OBD0 engine. But I could be wrong. (OBD2, does it have cream colored plugs?) I suggest that you take it to another shop, and have them take a look at it.

well it wasnt quick a shop that did it…just some friends who have more knowledge than me…but the new ecu fit fine in the stock wiring harness so im guessin i have an obd-0 motor…because wouldnt i need to ecu jumper if i had obd-1?

The engine doesn’t care what OBD level you use. The chassis itself determins that.

now im confused…