b16 with type r header...still need extra 02 bung?

i’m going to be gettin a b16 this weekend and was wonderin to deal with the 02 sensor problem, if i got a type r dc header, would it fit and would i be able to plug in both o2 sensor wires or would i still need another bung welded in?

it wont have 2 O2 sensor hookups…you will have to add the other…a real Type R header from Japan is a 4to1 style so dual O2’s wont work. Either add the second bung on the DC or get a different ECU chip to eliminate the second O2.

Correct me if im wrong but only ODB-II ecu’s care about the extra o2 sensor. ODB-I’s only have 1 O2 sensor. You may be able to swap a earlier ecu from a car with the same motor.

If it’s a 1st gen B16 and your using a pr3/pwo ecu you will have to add TWO bungs to that header in the position of the stock o2’s.

Originally posted by OneFastAcura
Correct me if im wrong but only ODB-II ecu’s care about the extra o2 sensor. ODB-I’s only have 1 O2 sensor. You may be able to swap a earlier ecu from a car with the same motor.

Well ok ill correct you…OBD0 cares about dual O2 sensors, unless you have a(OBD1,OBD2) 92+ wireloom and or ECU which uses probably the 4 wire single O2 sensor…What year are you again?

i’m a 91…obd-0 unfortunately

Yes, so you need both O2 sensors then…The PW0 or PR3 ECU’s need to monitor Both primary and secondary o2 sensors to be efficient and have decent power…the only header i think you can run will be the DC header and weld two bungs on the two down pipe runners near the flange.