B16a Hydro trans 1-4 gears in LS cable trans?

Hey guys, I drive a 92 integra LS, 5 spd, b18a1. (My first post here) I have a b16a SiR2 Motor that I am picking up today, (trans, ecu, harness, and motor) and I am not interested in converting to hydro, so my plan was to slap the LS trans on to the b16, but from what I have heard the b16 trans will do much better with the motor as far as acceleration. So is there a way to swap the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th gear into the LS trans but keep the LS 5th, for highway speeds?

I’m a newbie to transmissions. I have searched for this hybrid trans but have not been able to find if it is possible.

Thanks!

Pretty sure they swap over just fine. The issue you will hit is if you want to run an OEM type LSD you have to slightly shave down the case from the inside for clearance.

Awesome, thank you!

Here are some basics. I also was going to do this but i ended up going full hydro using Hush Performancs v2 da kit. But here is some basic info on swapping gear sets. This write up is for the bigger spline output shaft but is the majist of it. Hope it helps!

Ops forgot to post the link!

http://www.outlawatvclub.com/users/steve/civic/howto/honda_tranny_how_to.html

[QUOTE=Sneezin;2287061]Ops forgot to post the link!

http://www.outlawatvclub.com/users/steve/civic/howto/honda_tranny_how_to.html[/QUOTE]

Awesome write up! Thank you so much!

subscribed i’m reading this when i get home this is going to help me out alot

do some research
1st is all the same
you can swap 2,3,4 from a gsr or b16a tranny.
personally I would look for a b16 cable tranny or get a spare to build.
you never really want to use your only tranny to try something out.
I had the.y1 gears with lsd and the ls 5th, it was ok at first but then hated that I had a slow final gear.
plus no need to mess with your tranny if it’s working fine.

[QUOTE=da6xsi06;2287558]do some research
1st is all the same
you can swap 2,3,4 from a gsr or b16a tranny.
personally I would look for a b16 cable tranny or get a spare to build.
you never really want to use your only tranny to try something out.
I had the.y1 gears with lsd and the ls 5th, it was ok at first but then hated that I had a slow final gear.
plus no need to mess with your tranny if it’s working fine.[/QUOTE]

I found a GSR b17 transmission on my local craigslist so I’ll be matching that with the b16a. I figure I’ll just rock the short gears and if i hate the 5th on the highway then I’ll figure something out. Thanks for all the replies guys, it helps a lot!

If you plan on driving on the highway a lot, the ls 5th may no be for you. But in the city, it is very convenient if you want to save gas or relax from shifting all the time. I can do 50 or 60 k all day in 5th

Does any one have an updated link for this?