b16a turbo with ls tranny???

i kno turb o b16’s can make power but with a ls tranny will it make that much of a difference with the power the b16 will put out???

it will be a dog out of the hole. But once you hit boost the ls will be able to handle it, not to mention that you will have nice highway rpms with the ls

so being a dog out the hole how badly down low RPMs even with full boost it wont be that well looking for a well balanced mid and top end car for 1/4 mile and highway pulls

From what I have been lead to believe by people with the same setup on other boards as well as this one is that the LS tranny is ideal. You want the longer gear ratios so you can take full advantage of the torque and horsepower curves that result from the boost. It might be a little bit of a pain to launch, but I doubt it will take long to get into the powerband and then the longer gears will allow you to stay in said powerband throughout your shifts. Shortgeared trannies are better for low torque all-motor setups.

longer gears are suited for more powerful cars. I dont agree that it will be a “dog” out of the hole, I just beleive it wont run through first quite as fast. Remeber, B16 and LS 1st gears are VERY close to each other. The real difference is third, the LS is way too long for its own good. If your shifting a b16 at 8,500 rpm, your LS 3rd will run up to 106mph. Yikes. 4th is good to 142 and 5th is so long you could-in theory- go to 180+.

…but first and second are still short like none other.

just for reference, I think most lamborgini’s 2nd gear go untill about 75mph…but thats not really a fair comparison.