B17 ARP rod bolts?

I had to have my factory rods shotpeened<sp because the Eagle B17 rods I bought were to long :mad:. Anyway does anyone know which ARP rod bolts will fit the oem B17 rods?
Here are the 2 part #s from Summitracing.

ARP-208-6001 Honda: 1.2L/1.6L, 8mm diameter, high performance, connecting rod bolts …

ARP-208-6401 Honda: 1.8L, 9 mm shank, Pro Series Wave-Loc, rod bolt kit Rod Bolts C-head PRO Wave-Loc Honda 1.8L 9mm

try looking up the arp site or even calling their tec line for some help. They are really nice over there.

yah i agreee pretty helpful to me… but then again… ARP is only like 2min from house :wink:

ARP has no clue to what a B17 is. I just ordered both & will send the ones that don’t work back.

what?.. u say a 92-93 acura gsr?

NC-B17A - Did you find out which ARP rod bolts worked with the B17 rods?

Thanks,
Brian

Yeah this one def needs an update.

wassbi!?!?!:slight_smile:

WEll I don’t know the answer for the b17, but for the b18/b20 rods you use the 8mm bolts. ARP packaging is stupid and wrong. I had the 8mm bolts before and hte packaging said for a 1.6liter engine…so I returned because I don’t have a 1.6 and got the 9mm because the package says for 1.8liter engines. Well find out that 9mm is NOT for the 1.8liter and the 8mm is for the 1.8 liter.

I called ARP and they said that the rod bolts are different size becuase some 1.8liter engines rod holes are different and u just have to measure or guess which ones will fit. A bunch of bull I say…

So u might have to get the 9mm ones since the b17 rods were built for more stress and thus might required the larger bolts…just a guess though.

I’ve got ARP rod bolts in my B17 after i had mine shotpeened too…part number 208-6401 1.8L 9mm…I’ve got the package sitting right in front of me…so you’re all set…fit perfectly my machine shop said!! My car is a 92 GSR…I’ve heard that the 93 GSR had a bit taller block so the used different rods but those were similar to the LS rods so either or those rod bolts should work!!!
good luck dude

Brunswck - Thank you so much for the info. I’m so excited because my parts shop only had those in stock and know I don’t have to have them order them. :smiley: You saved me alot of time. What are the details on your B17?

Thanks,
Brian

uh yeah…

archivethis :read:

Originally posted by GSRampage
[B]Brunswck - Thank you so much for the info. I’m so excited because my parts shop only had those in stock and know I don’t have to have them order them. :smiley: You saved me alot of time. What are the details on your B17?

Thanks,
Brian [/B]

Hey dude,NO probs thats what we’re here for:up:
here’s whatI’ve got
Shotpeened rods
polished crank/fully balanced rotating assembly
JE SPR 10.5:1 pistons 81.5 mm bore/honed
LIghtened and balanced flywheel(4lbs)
centerforce dual friction clutch
all new gaskets/seals entire engine
HEad resurfaced/ported and polished
CTR Cams/OBx Cam gears
dual valve springs/titanium retainers

What’s your set-up like??

LIghtened and balanced flywheel(4lbs)

Hey I hope you ment 14 lbs and not 4.

Anyways I am just in the beginning stages of rebuilding my B17. Right know the engine is still in the car. I am just trying to get all the parts stockpilled and ready to go, also am waiting for a little more cash flow.

My current plan:
-Stock block bored out .25 over
-0.25 oversized CTR pistons
-shotpeened and polished stock rods w/ arp bolts
-micropolished crank
-fully balanced rotating assembly
-clutchmasters stage 3 clutch and 7.5lbs flywheel
-3 angle valve job with all new seals
-Skunk2 Stage 2 cams
-Skunk2 cam gears
-Skunk2 titanium retainers
-Skunk2 dual valve springs
-new gaskets and seals entire engine
-new water pump, oil pump, timing belt and tensioner
-not sure yet? Hondata stage 3 or skunk 2 reprogramed ECU

Brian

I did use the 1.8L 9mm ARP bolts. They fit perfectly. Heres what I did.
.20 overbore
SRP 10.5:1 pistons
shotpeened stock rods w ARP bolts
Modified ARP 1.8L head studs
mild head porting
valve job
Comp Cams/Zex 57200 street/strip cams,valvesprings,Ti retainers
Skunk2 IM
Stock ITR flywheel
Exedy clutch
Hondata heat sheild
STR fuel rail
Apexi VAFC
AEM CAI & FPR
Tanabe Hyper Med. catback
Testpipe
Neuspeed N2 header (will be up graded to DC JDM 4-1)
RC 310 cc injectors (put stock back in because the 310’s were too big) I may trade the RC310’s for a set of Venom 270’s
I have a Walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump that I will put in if needed.
I still have the stock ecu for now. I will prob get the new Hondata in a month or so & sell the VAFC.

Nice set-ups guys!!! yeah I meant my fly wheel was lightened up 4lbs

NC-B17A…your setup is pretty much what i’m striving for…nice to know that i may have 165whp to look forward to…good work:up:

Modified ARP 1.8L head studs

What do you mean you had to modify the head studs? I thought all b series head studs where the same? Please explain.

Brian

Brunswck
I am displeased with the 165whp I have some fueling issues to clear up. I think it should be around 190whp when done.
GSRampage
The B18C1 headstuds were to long the head would not tighten down. We cut about a 1/4in off ea one. I think that ARP now makes B16/B17 headstuds now.