B17 or B20? Need advise!

I’m going 13’s full interior with a 1.8L lsvtec on street tires, consistently, daily driven.

with a b20 vtec, there is no reason why high 12’s low 13’s cannot be accomplished.

a b17 re-sleeved with 85mm pistons would run 13’s.

If 14’s are good enough for you, and you like the fact you have a stock b17, do it.

conclusion, you can go fast with anything. You have to want a b17 knowing it is more than just all out speed.

We can def do a local meetup. I wouldn’t mind if we did a local meet to transplant that motor. I’ll be taking the week off to get the motor in the car, and the nitrous all setup. Of course I need to get the motor built and everything, so that’s going to take a long time. I don’t have an exact finish date, but it’ll take time to get all the parts I want, and where I want it. Anyone local specialize in timing and degreeing cams? That’s my main concern with this build, is timing. I don’t want to put all these expensive parts in and have the motor go boom because my timing was completely wrong. Interference motors scare me!

there are plenty of articles out there on how to degree cams. its actually pretty easy if you are patient. normally, i’m quick to post a link, but i just happened to stop in and post in between packing boxes.

google it up, or even look around on here. bound to find something helpful.

Titan Motorsports on Boggie Creek has a nice new facility, they can do all that stuff for you…

b20 sleeves don’t like high rpms for extended periods of time. see there is some flex at high rpms. on a regular b18 block for example, the sleeves flex individually b/c they are separated. ona b20 they are no, so when/if they do flex, they flex together so an isolated issue now is causing problems for all 4 cyls. many many people do it anyway, but if you wanna do it right . . . sleeve the b20. you can then run it for as long and as hard as you watn.

I am sleeving the b20. Main reason I didn’t go b20 in the first place was because of the weak sleeves. I am going to get the block sleeved from golden eagle, and bored to 85mm. I’ll be using 85mm forged wiseco high comp pistons.