b18a boltons... bolt onto a b18c5 swap?

If I put the JDM b18c5 into my teg, is it recommended to keep with the factory intake, header, exhaust? I already have a aem cai, dc sport header and catback exhaust, carsound cat. can those just bolt up? Would it be smart to use those parts for the type-r motor? Should I ditch these parts, sell them to people, and buy some type-r parts? also I know that the engine bay might be setup different, thus the cold air intake may not actually fit? And the header downpipe probably won’t reach the cat for the type-r header…

thanks guys.

all those parts will work perfectly. The exhaust has nothing to do with the engine, so don’t worry about that. And the intake manifold on all the upright intake manifolds on b series engines just happens to be in about the same spot. As for the header, all b series headers have the same port and stud design. So any b series header will bolt to any b series engine. Its where it meets the cat that you have to worry. But since its a header for a G2 it will fit just fine.

You may want to upgrade the header in the future though. Maybe get something with a bigger collector. Then you’ll have to have some small modifications done to get it to fit (basically have a new flange put on).

I’d get a 4-1 header, not a 4-2-1. The 4-2-1 is good for the big midrange of the LS engine, but you want all those 8,400 rpms breathing well in a b18c5. I’d also get a ITR intake, the AEM for the LS is 2.5" I believe, while the Type R is 3.0". The b18a and b18c5 are two totally different motors, I wouldn’t use any of the same parts.

Oh, and btw, since when are you getting a JDM b18c5?!?!?!?!? :sick: :defend:

Originally posted by G2Integrity
[B]I’d get a 4-1 header, not a 4-2-1. The 4-2-1 is good for the big midrange of the LS engine, but you want all those 8,400 rpms breathing well in a b18c5. I’d also get a ITR intake, the AEM for the LS is 2.5" I believe, while the Type R is 3.0". The b18a and b18c5 are two totally different motors, I wouldn’t use any of the same parts.

Oh, and btw, since when are you getting a JDM b18c5?!?!?!?!? :sick: :defend: [/B]

haha sup andrew. thanks for the tips. I will probably run the ls aftermarket parts until I can replace them, since I don’t think the complete swap package I’m getting comes with those pieces. Just good to know they’ll bolt on.

and yah, I’ve given up trying to stay with you with our b18a’s. you have a really nice engine, while mine is probably shot. so yah, come next summer I’ll come by SLO or something and we can hitup the tracks somewhere :wink:

thanks again!

You probably wonb’t be able to use the stock LS or aftermarket intake (for an LS) with the B18C5. The ITR IM and Throttle body are at different heights than other B series engines, so an ITR intake should be neccessary.

I could be wrong because you have the entire B18C5 engine.

At least research that…:wink:

Originally posted by GSpeedR
You probably wonb’t be able to use the stock LS or aftermarket intake (for an LS) with the B18C5. The ITR IM and Throttle body are at different heights than other B series engines, so an ITR intake should be neccessary.
The ITR intake won’t work unless you relocate the battery and for an ITR CAI you’d need to modify some other stuff below.

Originally posted by GSpeedR
[B]You probably wonb’t be able to use the stock LS or aftermarket intake (for an LS) with the B18C5. The ITR IM and Throttle body are at different heights than other B series engines, so an ITR intake should be neccessary.

I could be wrong because you have the entire B18C5 engine.

At least research that…:wink: [/B]

the small difference aparently doesn’t make much of a difference in fit of the intake. Just to give an example Dan is running the aftermarket intake from his b18a on his setup on his current motor, which for the sake of comparison here is the same as an itr motor.