B18a ecu upgrade

Would upgrading my ecu benefit my ride ? I plan on running I/h/e throttle body etc. pure NA and maybe a program like hondata or chrome down the line

With simply i/h/e, you’re not going to see a huge gain… Maybe 8whp untuned, and 15whp tuned.

You would be better off tuning one time, after more serious mods (cams, pistons etc) are done.

The money you’ll spend on a tuning session is not worth the gains you’ll get if you just have basic bolt-ons like i/h/e.

And don’t get an eBay ‘chip’, it will do nothing for you. Run a stock ecu until you have those more serious mods, then get dyno tuned using Neptune/Chrome/Hondata/etc.

Yes, a good tuning session would benefit any modified car. However the amount it will benefit will very greatly depending on the level/amount of modifications. If all your going to do it simply bolt on thing like you stated, just get a simple tune from a local reputable shop as your last mod.

You can add things like launch control and shift lights with most tunes.

The overall power gain will not be anything huge on top of simply things like i/h/e, but will still help a little. Tuning can also get very expensive for the amount of power gained.

And like unified112 said, stay away from any ebay tuning “chips”.

I have a Pr4 obd0 chip by Xenocron :slight_smile: $140 I payed around 170 for it…
5626536420 near longbeach