b18c ecm suggestions.

ok I’m running a stock jdm b18c. with a few simple mods, it is going to be a daily driver. i have looked on the tuning part of the form and got more lost. my question is what ecm should i run? a p73a obd2 (they do make a harness for that) or a chipped p06 or pr4 with a hondata s100 or s200 or s300. or any other ecm. any info would be helpful. thanks. Also has any one used diytuning702 on ebay? i know ebay is risky.

wouldnt u want a obd1 p72? and if ur gonna tune put a hondata s300 in it…

i know you can not chip any obd2 ecm’s. i was told to run a stock itr p73 obd2a ecm. but i was thinking of chipping a non vtec pr4 making it a vtec obd1 ecm maybe with hondata. i think that make more sense now, sorry.

but why do that to a pr4 when u can use a obd1 p72 which is a gsr ecu

If it’s stock, you don’t need Hondata S300 or any other over-the-top engine management software…

Find an OBD1 GSR ecu, or, get your current ecu chipped and have a GSR map put on it… Both Xenocron and Phearable could do this for you at a reasonable price.

Chipping my pr4 is what i will do. Thank you bryan24207 and unified112.

is it obd2 injectors and distributor just switch to obd1 and run a conversion harness. much better and easier to check CELs on an obd1 ecu. also like they said obd1 p72 ecu with basemap is best for stock motor

yea i was confused, we both said to just get an obd1 p72 and he said he will just chip his pr4…i was like :wtf:

i have a pr4 but if you say a p72 will be better i will do that. my thing is price tho. i am also running IAB. witch i think you guys know.

dont have to run iab on a chipped p72. im not