B18C2 Head Conversion

Just need a bit of help guys, well I have been offered a complete VTEC B18C2 engine for $600 (aprrox $300 US) and Im bitting my teeth on whether to buy it or not, the engine is complete but does not include the wiring loom or computer, just block, head,intake and exhaust manifolds etc… this is where I need your help, is it possible to swap the head and manifolds onto my block? and what other things will I need to do the swap correctly?
I basically have 2 options, to swap the engine complete or just the head. Is the vtec controller seperate from the ECU or integrated?Please help me out here because I need to make a decision very soon. Many Thanks

The ECU is is the VTEC controller. What car does the B18C2 come from? What kinda head is it: PR3, P72? If its one of those yes the head can be put on your block. Yes you can use the manifolds at that point too. Thats just an LS/VTEC set up. I say buy the whole engine and put that in your car.

$300 US for a complete motor is a VERY good price here in the states, I have no clue if thats true down under. I say buy it and if nothing else sell it and make some money. However, I would run the serial number off the block with your local Police Department to make sure its not stolen.

-Steve

Originally posted by DAY U IZ
What car does the B18C2 come from? What kinda head is it: PR3, P72?
It’s a P72 that came from the Australian VTi-R, or the equivalent of a USDM '94+ GSR.

the first thing I was going to do was run a check on the motor to find out if was legit or if it could be a import motor from a japanese wreck making it harder to comply to australian standards because of emmision testings. If I was to drop the whole motor in would it be a straight conversion? would I just need a harness and ECU? The motor is supposedely from a Australian spec VTI-R. Thanks for your help guys.

Originally posted by seanLS
the first thing I was going to do was run a check on the motor to find out if was legit or if it could be a import motor from a japanese wreck making it harder to comply to australian standards
There are no B18C2’s from Japan. The Japanese engines are all stamped B18C, no number after the ‘C’. On those you hafta check the serial number to find out if it’s from an ITR or the GSR equivalent.