b20.....which tranny?

for those who have done the swap, what trannys are you guys running and what trannys would you recommend and why? when i do the b20 swap i will only have i/h/e and would like to keep the b20 stock, well maybe just cams, would my ls tranny be ok? i have kinda searched but nothing found.

thanks

Re: b20…which tranny?

Originally posted by K.C.
[B]for those who have done the swap, what trannys are you guys running and what trannys would you recommend and why? when i do the b20 swap i will only have i/h/e and would like to keep the b20 stock, well maybe just cams, would my ls tranny be ok? i have kinda searched but nothing found.

thanks [/B]

shorter geared tranny will work best, be it ys1, s1, j1, y1

While a vtec tranny may make the car faster, the ls tranny is very well suited for the b20’s long tork curve.

You better just have some wide sticky tires if you pop a vtec tranny on there tho.

d

is the first and second gear of a GS-R 92-93 (for example) shorter than the first and second of the 92-93 LS tranny or is the GS-R first and second gear longer than the LS ?

i think that’s it but i’m not sure, that would make the 3-4-5 gear shorter on the GS-R …

anyone can help ?

the 92-93 GSR’s gears are all shorter than the respective LS gears.