Battery Light Flashes........

Lately, when I’ve been hitting about 4,000 RPM, my radio dies and my battery light flashed but when it drops back down, the light goes out and the radio comes back on. I pulled the positive terminal off the battery while the car was running to test the alternator and nothing happened which normally means the alt. is good. What else could it be? Maybe the battery is gone or what? I have no clue and it’s pissing me off because HIN is next weekend.

Can anyone help me?

i still think its the altenator.I once boosted a friends car and he accidentally put the cables on wrong and for weeks i would have weird problems but the altenator wasn’t dead yet, but it was dying.I thinks its the altenator, that the only thing that would cause battery light to come on(as far as i know)

ok, theres a reason is the “BATTERY” light. That is because there might be something wrong with the battery. How old is your battery? try changing it.

Originally posted by atopps
ok, theres a reason is the “BATTERY” light. That is because there might be something wrong with the battery. How old is your battery? try changing it.

battery lights don’t come on when theres a problem with the battery.Atleat i’ve never seen that

Problem Solved…

Just got back from Trenton Starter and Generator. Hooked machine to battery and put RPM’s at 4,000 and the charge went to the ****ing roof. 19.15 to be exact. The alternator was overcharging therefore, replaced it and now it’s running like a champ again. Total cost of job was $200 for parts, labor, and warranty. Thanks for all the help everyone who replied.