Belt Squeak at Low RPMS? Something else? Loss of low end power.

I’ve been noticing a small sqeak that comes from the engine whenever I acellerate in second gear around 1k-2k rpm. It’s a very brief sqeak, and when it squeaks the car bogs and when it stops the car picks up again. I’m guessing it is a belt… I will be tightening them all this weekend to make sure. But could it be something else?

The squeak does not occur in 1st gear throughout the RPMs. It occurs around 1k-2krpm but only a very short squeak, not long like a belt is just sliding… just like it loses grip for a tenth of a second and catches again. But maybe it’s not the belt?

thanks.

I would say its a belt…probably your alternator…just tighten it up and put some belt dressing on it…should me fine…Mine was just doing the same thing:up:

Alternator Belt

Its a belt for sure…Change it and your good…I had the same problem…

Re: Belt Squeak at Low RPMS? Something else? Loss of low end power.

Originally posted by Blizzard
[B]I’ve been noticing a small sqeak that comes from the engine whenever I acellerate in second gear around 1k-2k rpm. It’s a very brief sqeak, and when it squeaks the car bogs and when it stops the car picks up again. I’m guessing it is a belt… I will be tightening them all this weekend to make sure. But could it be something else?

The squeak does not occur in 1st gear throughout the RPMs. It occurs around 1k-2krpm but only a very short squeak, not long like a belt is just sliding… just like it loses grip for a tenth of a second and catches again. But maybe it’s not the belt?

thanks. [/B]

Is it coming from your b20 teg? ive been having the same problem.