best brand of oil for g2's

i searched and couldnt find anything. im currently using penzoil 10w30. people are telling me that mobil1 and castrol are better. just wanted to hear what you guys would say.

You’re gonna get all sorts of people saying different things. It’s unlikely that most people have any real evidence of one being better than another. There are all sorts of claims the oil companies make, but can that really be trusted? And the actual oil analysis is usually too complicated for a layman to understand.

I wouldn’t be so worried about brand. I’d focus on getting the correct type (dino, blend, or full syn) and the correct weight. Personally I use Mobil1 synthetic in my Subaru. Currently have a mix of Autozone non-detergent and Shell Rotella T in my b17a (for break in). After my break in I’ll run full Rotella for a little while and maybe switch to Mobil1. That motor is just for the track so it won’t see a lot of miles, ever. My machinist said that I didn’t even have to switch to synthetic if I didn’t want to.

(btw, my choice of running Mobil1 is more based on the fact that I own some Mobil1 stock so I support that company, I also only use Mobil/Exxon gas.)

i run castrol synthetic blend with honda filters. just cuz i dont like full synthetic. gets dirty and burns faster. just from what ive seen working on acura cars all day. its all matter of opinion thow.

Synthetic oil burning faster and getting dirty faster? I highly suggest that everyone do some research before believing that. Never heard of such a thing. Syn should last significantly longer and stand up to more abuse.

It has been said that the molecules are smaller in syn oil, and thus might leak out thru spaces conventional oil wouldn’t. Thus causing leaks and/or more oil to be burnt. But that’s not what it sounds like this person was trying to say.

full syn oil is better to use. i used mobil one and castrol both of them syn. i per the mobil, get better engine sound.

Thats not always true, as colin has already stated.

So you get a better engine sound huh, Im so tempted to use this as my sig:idea:

[QUOTE=Colin;2084290]Synthetic oil burning faster and getting dirty faster? I highly suggest that everyone do some research before believing that. Never heard of such a thing. Syn should last significantly longer and stand up to more abuse.

It has been said that the molecules are smaller in syn oil, and thus might leak out thru spaces conventional oil wouldn’t. Thus causing leaks and/or more oil to be burnt. But that’s not what it sounds like this person was trying to say.[/QUOTE]

Personaly I use valvoline and mobile 1, but this is like asking what do you like better. A chicken breast or a thigh. every one is going to have a different opinion and preference. I would be more concerned with the weight of oil used durring the appropraite time and seasons of the year

This is a retarded statement and should not be trusted. “better engine sound”??? Seriously? this thread needs to be locked, it’s worthless.

Glynn, you’re wrong, chicken breast vs thigh is a bad analogy… thigh is always better :smiley: More fat, more flavor :smiley: