best shock & coilover/spring combo?

Well recently I dropped my BD1 all the way around on sleeves using stock shocks.

I like it and enjoy it, but I have a baby on the way. And I really don’t want to go back to 4X4 status.

So wat shock brand would be the best to go wit?
Matched to a spring tat gives it a nice drop but still has the stock susapension feel to it.

In other words tat it doesn’t bounce over small little bumps out of control.

I got 2 more months to get this done and get the a/c runnin.

So I come to the g2 community for suggestions.
I really don’t want to go back to stock springs

most people say that the ‘best’ setup for G2s is the Koni Yellow w/ GroundControl system. I personally havent ridden in a car with those installed, but many many people recommend them.

unified112 is right, I have the Koni Yellow/Ground Control Coilover combo and I love it. The Koni Yellow struts have adjustable dampening as well, from super soft to super firm. I also have all four Ground Control extended tophats which lengthen the shock travel and my ride is as smooth as it gets. Whether you want 4x4 or slammed to the ground, Ground Control/Koni will do it. Mine cost a little above $1000 brand new… Definitely worth the money. :up:

If you are looking for something a bit cheaper, I’ve heard Function & Form coilovers ride excellent as well. Both Type 1 and Type 2 (maybe even Type 2.5 now). The Type 1’s can go super low as well while still giving a pretty decent ride.

I have Tokicko HP’s and Number one Springs (from Nopi.com…), pretty subtle drop and smoth ride imho. Got them super cheap as well, 200 for the whole set up. Scored the rear struts for 13 dollars EACH NEW and the springs for 17 bux NEW! Bought the fronts for 65 each new.

Total cost + shipping 200 ish.

paying $1k for sleeves and struts, IMHO is not…i wouldnt do it. i’d get a full coilover setup, personally, for that price

I will do some more research and see wats more in my budget.

My DB1 is gonna be a baby hauler in around 2 months.

And dont want my boy riding in a bouncy car, not good for them.
Not to mention i need to get the a/c going too.

thanks for the imputs guys. . .

jozey

heres a quick pic of how she sits. … .

keep them coming…

what sleeves are you on?

Remember that I have all four Ground Control extended tophats, that was almost an extra $280 right there. If you want just the Koni Yellow strut/Ground Control coilover combo it’s around $800. Yes, full coilover setups are just as much but as for best “shock and coilover/spring combo” I personally would say Koni/GC. That’s just me. To each his own though.

She sits on ebay coilovers, the front I don’t know wat brand they are, their blue springs.
The rear sit on APc or apex sleeves, can’t remember which one it is o.0

So koni’s are the best ones to go wit?
The adjustable ones or NON adjustable??

[QUOTE=jozey;2221848]She sits on ebay coilovers, the front I don’t know wat brand they are, their blue springs.
The rear sit on APc or apex sleeves, can’t remember which one it is o.0

So koni’s are the best ones to go wit?
The adjustable ones or NON adjustable??[/QUOTE]

Mind pming the link and more feedback. I was considering going eBay. And would like to know more

im rollin on EG kyb agx with ground control ride quality isnt so bad its stiff and can feel wtf is on the ground but it depends on what you like im wanna upgrade my shocks to koni whenever these go bad! heres a pic
http://i53.tinypic.com/2r3jdb7.jpg

[QUOTE=KhmerDa9;2225486]im rollin on EG kyb agx with ground control ride quality isnt so bad its stiff and can feel wtf is on the ground but it depends on what you like im wanna upgrade my shocks to koni whenever these go bad! heres a pic
http://i53.tinypic.com/2r3jdb7.jpg[/QUOTE]

No bounce at all all bad thing i dont like is when my frony cintrol arm bangs my fender for being to low but if u raise tge hieght you should be fine i bought this whole setup for 250$ craigslist shocks n springs are still baby