Big grilles with huge brand logos are bad for pedestrians

The automotive design trend that kills 509 pedestrians a year in the US

I don’t get it why americans love the trucks so much :grinning: Almost nobody drives them here in Europe.

Can’t haul my dirt bike in the Teg. I do understand what you’re saying, though. I will say, everyone I know that has a truck uses the bed. I also live in the Rocky Mountains with hunting, fishing, dirt biking, camping. Not gonna do those in most any car.

1 Like

Just wondering why the grilles / hoods have to be so high. Yeah I get you want clearance but it seems kinda “Canyonero” -ish.

1 Like

Turns out that the bigger the vehicle is, it gets to skip fuel efficiency standards. :melting_face:

They’re useful for a LOT of trades, businesses, recreation, etc.

Europe was developed prior to the invention of the automobile, so carmakers have had to adapt to existing city infrastructure to fit.

The overwhelming majority of the USA was developed LONG after the car came around, so cities were built around the idea of being able to drive most places instead of walking.

32 years of difference with these two Integras, the grill has grown, front logo is bigger, less slope in the hood line, side profile of the car is taller, and yes the car as a whole has grown too. I prefer the low hood line if the older cars, but I think with growing popularity of trucks and SUVs cars had to get bigger.

The manufacturers will follow the market demand. At the same time, if all you’re churning out is that style, it’s not like you have much of a choice.