Blower motor troubleshooting

So I’m trying to diagnose why my heater blower quit on me. Chances are it got fried the last time I turned it on because there was water in it lol. I’m just trying to make sure before I buy another one.

So far I’ve checked the large green 40a fuse and it looks to be good.

I pulled this out, diagrams say this is the resistor…doesn’t look awesome to me

I checked the plug to the motor (the two wire one that actually plugs into the motor) and with the key on and all the switches for the air/heat I’m getting approx. 8.5 volts there.

I have the motor/housing out of the car currently. I’m not great at checking this crap, so is testing the motor as simple as wiring up a couple leads and applying 12v to it and see if it moves at all? Is using the battery cool? Any and all help appreciated.

Update

So I got bored and tried putting 12v to the blower itself and it didn’t move, so I was like damn it’s the blower. I proceeded to try spinning it by hand at it wouldn’t budge (seemed to me in other threads when it’s clean it spins pretty freely). So I’m take the nut off the top to serate the plastic fan thing and it breaks free. Doesn’t move great but it does move, hook it back up to the 12v and fucking A it spins! So now I’m going to clean it up, replace the resistor and the fuse anyway since I have the whole damn thing out and see how it goes.

make sure to stop the water leak . theres a diy on here

Thought I should update this. I tore it apart to clean it and it never worked again lol, so I bought a new one for like 40 bucks. The original was simply corroded from the typical water leak. Works perfect now.