brakes are spongy or hard, depends on what they feel like doing

^^^ Brake Booster

brake booster eh? becacuse i have this problem and has made me not want to drive my teg in really fast speeds. i dun wanna jack ur thread but … i haf replaced rotor , pads , mc , ss lines and master linebut i seem to have a spongy pedal. The pissing thing is that every time this happens and i take it to the shop. and they test and it never happens. Also for me i lose all breaking power and then i get it right away after i release the pedal and step again. Puzzling ? does any1 have this problem?

having exact same problems. Sorry if I’m reviving an old thread. Nonetheless, my brakes starts fine when cold then sinks when driving maybe after 10-20mins. Originally the brakes were perfectly fine. Since the removal of the alternator (which was a huge fudging bitch) I had to remove the brake booster and whole cylinder to get that alternator out. Everything was reassembled correctly and made sure all lines were tight and booster was sealed nicely.

Bled the brakes (rear right, left, front right, then left) and it felt nice in the beginning then it crapped out (spongy and pedal sank to the floor). Bled brakes again thinking it was an improper bleeding procedure. My friend suggested that we should have bled the brakes while the E-BRAKE was down. This entire time we have done it with the e-brake up. Could THAT be the cause of the problem…rotors and pads seem alright.

you’re supposed to take the alternator out the bottom… muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh easier. and yeah try re-bleeding your brakes again.