Buddy Club coilovers

Has anyone here had a DA with any buddy Club suspison? I’m looking for something some what nice, any thoughts?

well… buddy club doesnt make suspension for the da. if you want something “nice” then koni/gc is the only set up you should be looking at.

+1

They make them for the DC2 which will easily go on our cars, with the DC front forks.

dc front forks dont work on the da

The front fronts do bolt on the DA chassis front lower control arm BUT you many encounter rubbing issues caused by the front axle going against the fork.

It does have some benefits in terms of more applications from different manufacturers, and the strut body is overall wider in diameter, and also the overall strut length is shorter so you can still have full suspension travel while be lower however there have been complaints that it becomes too low to the point that people revert back to the specific chassis application. The choice is up to the OP, and not anything against the koni/gc control as it has proven it test against time for our chassis. :wink:

i would definitely count the axle hitting the fork as the dc fork not working on the da. yes it bolts up but thats as far as it goes. the arch in the dc fork vs the da isnt as aggressive allowing for the axle clearance. i tried this swap myself when i was putting my car through inspection since the coilovers on it couldnt be adjusted high enough to pass the clearance test.

I’m honestly wanting to do something besides the whole koni/GC

why? does it work too well? there arent very many worthy options for our chassis other than koni/gc. you can try using those sub 1000$ coilovers if you like something shiny that doesnt work very well. if you dont want koni then you can always try tokico or kyb. the illumina and the AGX i think are supposed to be pretty good. if you want to spend some crazy money, you can buy the tein coilovers for the da. it would require you to switch you rear lca to the itr style though.

For what application? And can you expound on the rear lca issue?
I’ve been looking at these as an alternative to Koni/GC, and they seem to be a good solution for a non-tracked, DD-style lowered street car.
http://www.autohance.com/tein-gsa32-1uss2-street-basis-damper.html?gclid=CKn5xMzZnMgCFcuQHwodqVQHKQ

Not trying to derail the OP questions about putting gen 3 suspension on a g2…

Edit: may be a bad link, but I am seeing DA/DB1 setups in the same price range.

tein coilovers for the da… it would be coded for the da6 i think. they came on my car when i bought it so i know they exist. the design of them is for the rear lca that accepts the eye bolt style shock.

see here
http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?214710-Okinawa-XSi-Build&p=2280182&viewfull=1#post2280182

the links works. those seem fine. theyre kind of on the cheap side which is a little confusing based on the brand and what they are. for the cost of the koni sport shocks alone, you could have that tein set up. try it out… why not…