Buddy Club Racing Spec Seat Rails

Hey guys,

Was wondering if any of you guys have installed a Buddy Club seat rail for the DA application. I would like to know fitment issues and also how high it sits in comparison to stock seat and please indicate what seat you are using. I’ve tried searching and came with limited results; I found one post on honda-tech indicating that there was fitment issues even though it’s advertised as a direct bolt-on for the vehicle application but nothing else to reinforce or debunk that statement. So I would like to have some insight from those who actually have a set. And please note, that I have no desire in using wedge-engineering brackets w/sliders or anything equivalent to that so please if you’re going to recommend to use those rails, thanks but no thanks. I’m very knowledgeable about those set ups and would prefer to have a slider that does not make the seating position higher than stock. Any insights about the buddy club rails would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, sorry I don’t have any experience with the Buddy Club seat rails. I just wanted to ask why you’re not for using the wedge engineering rails. I’ll have to figure out a seat mounting solution sometime in the future so I’m trying to do product research too. Did you end up deciding on anything yet? I had weapon R brackets at one time; however, they didn’t seem strong enough from a safety point of view, not to mention I had to enlarge the mounting holes with a dremel in order for the mounting bolts to line up.

I haven’t deciding on anything yet but I’m leaning towards the buddy club ones right now. The reason why I would not like to use the wedge engineering bracket is because I would like to retain a slider that would not sacrifice the seating position to be higher than the stock seating position. In the wedge engineering brackets, you need the bracket itself, and if you want a slider which I would like, you would have to buy another add-on which would therefore make the seating position higher slightly higher than stock. This is based from other members’ experience from here. With the buddy club, the sliders and rails are integrated together, not sacrificing seating position. The wedge engineering bracket would be similar to the style of the weapon R bracket you had; it’s just a bracket with no sliders at all.

Personally, after seeing this: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/703146-broken-weld-on-buddy-club-seat-rail/, I’ve been put off Buddy Club Rails.

I’m using a Bride RO rail and highly recommend it, it sits quite low compared to the stock position and the quality is great. For the record, I have a Recaro SR2 seat. I do understand that the Bride rail will be significantly more expensive than the Buddy Club, but seat rails are extremely important safety-wise, and I wouldn’t recommend compromising here.

wow, that’s honestly the first time I heard that happening about BC rails; I personally know alot of people who run them in their 240sx for years with no problems whatsoever; I dunno, i think it may be an isolated incident, but regardless the quality control is definitely questionable as with most products made from China/Taiwan (this includes a wide range of companies, not only Buddy Club). But the fact it can be fixed easily by having someone reweld it shouldn’t be an issue for me as i have friends who professionally weld in their line of work if it does in fact fail. But i’ll be sure to inspect the rail before hand and definitely take a hammer to it too if i do decide to get it. Even with that thread, I still leaning towards it. My only doubt aside from the quality control which you brought up, is the actual fitment issues about the rail. As noted in my first post, I found someone on honda-tech indicating that they had some fitment issues, but there were no further discussion about so it just left the topic unconfirmed.

As for the bride mounts, I agree with you, they are great! I personally have a bride rail in my 240sx (currently FG rail and I used low max rail in the past) and i’m quite pleased with them. However, just finding them is a pain as Bride discontinued making the DA application awhile ago; the only way to find them is by second hand. Ugh this makes me regret on not buying a set years ago that was on ebay. Money isn’t a factor in deciding what rail, again i’m honestly looking for the best seating position available in terms to stock. I’m looking for a rail with sliders that is close to the stock seating position or lower. I really don’t want anything higher than it, though I can get use to it but it’s just personal preference from previous experiences in messing with the seating in my 240sx.

Also I like to note that I’m looking for a side-mount rail so I can be “cheap” and swap over my zeta iii seat back and forth between the DA and my s13 when needed be. That being said, I believe the bride ro mount you have is a bottom mount? Correct me if i’m wrong?

Any additional insights are welcomed!

Also I would like to note if you look further into the thread, specifically on page three of that thread, it seems that BC revised the problem:

as quoted from a member,

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM (10/5/12)
“Old thread new update. I called and spoke with them today and they informed me they have addressed the issue with a new reinforced bracket. Old brackets welds were subject to chassis flex with would cause the welds to fail.”

so all hope for Buddy Club is not lost! :slight_smile:

where can u find a buddy club rail for drivers side?? ive been looking but havent seen da specific

Hmm, good to see that Buddy Club fixed the issue.

Are you sure the Bride rails are discontinued? It seems you can get them on Yahoo! Japan quite easily (eg. http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t226543865, but you’ll need a proxy to order them for you, and by the time you’ve messed around with commission and shipping fees you’ll probably be looking at $300 or so.

The RO rails are indeed bottom mount, for reclinable seats. You probably want the FO rails for side-mount seats like the one I’ve linked to above.

Seeing as the Buddy Club rails are so much cheaper though, if they’re fixed the issues I think it would hard to justify the extra $ for the Bride ones.

ok, I also tried searching and found some sites that have it listed on their websites. However upon further inquiry into it, I found that Buddy Club has discontinued making the seat rails for the DA application! :frowning: I assume the only way to find them now is through a local shop or some online websites that still has them in their inventory (ie: deadstock/new old stock).

My source is from Marcus from heeltoeauto.com; a distributor for Buddy Club.

[QUOTE=Rayle;2273919]Hmm, good to see that Buddy Club fixed the issue.

Are you sure the Bride rails are discontinued? It seems you can get them on Yahoo! Japan quite easily (eg. http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t226543865, but you’ll need a proxy to order them for you, and by the time you’ve messed around with commission and shipping fees you’ll probably be looking at $300 or so.

The RO rails are indeed bottom mount, for reclinable seats. You probably want the FO rails for side-mount seats like the one I’ve linked to above.

Seeing as the Buddy Club rails are so much cheaper though, if they’re fixed the issues I think it would hard to justify the extra $ for the Bride ones.[/QUOTE]

Huh go figure! Thanks a bunch Rayle, I thought Bride discounted them but you proved me wrong :wink:

And i take back what i said about Buddy Club, it’s now official that Buddy Club has stopped making the DA application, so all hope is now lost for Buddy Club lol (in terms to the DA rails). So I’ll definitely be snatching one of those Bride rails in the near future. Just gotta wait and save up those extra pennies to pay for the importer’s service fee and the “double” shipping charges from Japan. I’m glad you posted that link, I’m always too lazy to search through Japan auctions or upgarage due to the translation issue and also the expensive shipping and service fees. But there’s always something good for sale on those sites that worth drooling over for! lol

I guess there’s really no point having this thread anymore, so mods please close the thread when you see this! Thanks!

You’re welcome!

If you look hard enough, sometimes there are used rails; that’s how I got mine. The auction price ended at 3000 yen, but after shipping and everything it still ended up being about $175USD delivered.

All you need to do is search ‘bride da6’ to find the rails, though mine were only advertised as DA5, so I ended up getting quite lucky.