buzzing sound from exahust!

Originally posted by notecLS
I’ve found that glasspacks work pretty good as a resonator for my car, and it only costs $20 :up:

Do you have to replace it a lot? I hear Glasspacks are supposed to be changed 6-12 mos. I don’t know if it’s true, that’s “hear, say.”

Originally posted by performula
[B]

Do you have to replace it a lot? I hear Glasspacks are supposed to be changed 6-12 mos. I don’t know if it’s true, that’s “hear, say.” [/B]

its “hearsay”, no space or comma :smiley:

And i’ve had my glasspack for a little over a year, and its still does its job :clap:

if you wanan change it out that often, i suggest you weld some flanges for easy changing, that way u only have to have a muffler shop weld the flanges on. Should be much cheaper than cutting it off and welding up a new 1 every 6 months :up:

Um have any of you checked your exhuast gaskets. They need to be replaced whenever you take apart your exhaust. There is one smack in the middle of the exhaust manifold and downpipe. and one in front and rear of the cat. If these gaskets are broken they will buzz and humm like a damn nascar. You might want to look into that. When i swapped trannies i didn’t know of the gaskets and my car sounded like a friggin nascar. Now i blew out the front cat gasket, and it sounds like i have a leaky turbo.

[i]
Because resonators only resonate a certain wave, they will only cancel out certain frequencies, so pick your resonator carefullly. Larger diameter resonators usually cancel out deeper tones, while smaller diameters usually cance out higher freq tones. This is partly why our exhaust gets deeper/louder when you get larger diameter catback.
[/B]

thx dude, do you know who makes good resonator’s and where can I order one? More importantly what length and diameter would I be looking for?

how’s this look?

I’m thinkin 4" diameter, 18" length??

bump

Originally posted by scooby_dooby
[B]thx dude, do you know who makes good resonator’s and where can I order one? More importantly what length and diameter would I be looking for?

how’s this look?

I’m thinkin 4" diameter, 18" length?? [/B]

Thats a muffler not a resonator. Theres a slight difference. Just choose a resonator from a muffler shop.

Yea, it should cost you around $65. to get it and have them cut it in to the piping at a muffler shop.

Ok Guys,

I’ll talk to my muffler guy he’ll do a cheaper job if I buy it off him anyways.

Any suggestions on length and diameter?? I really want the low growl but not the high pitch buzz

Originally posted by scooby_dooby
[B]Ok Guys,

I’ll talk to my muffler guy he’ll do a cheaper job if I buy it off him anyways.

Any suggestions on length and diameter?? I really want the low growl but not the high pitch buzz [/B]

Trial and error? All depends on your muffler, catback diameter, and resonator… What works for me may not work for you.

I have a 2.5" catback, obx muffler (their biggest model, its huge), resonated test pipe, and a glasspack resonator. Mine gets a tad buzzy around 4k

I’m really not into blowin a bunch of money with trial and error, but I can tell you what I’m running.

2.25" pipe all the way back from the engine to my Ractive muffler, no Cat.

Mine gets buzzy around 3500. I’m thinking 4" resonator because I was told the smaller the resonator the higher frequencies of sound it blocks out. But I don’t know what length I should get.

bump bump