Bypass egr valve

I’m doing a b18c1 into my 91 gs and i’ll be running an obd1 ecu. I was told of I bypass the egr valve that I’ll be able to run the intake manifold just fine l, does this sound right?

If you’re swaping in an B18C it won’t even have an EGR valve. Personaly I would not lisen to any advise from the person who told you this.

Well it’s a 2000 GSR engine which has the obd2 intake
Manifold, will I be able to run it with an
Obd1 ecu?

The person that gave you this information is misinformed. There is no physical/mechanical difference between the manifolds of an obd1 and obd2 b18c1. only the sensors/wire connectors. another thing of note, I haven’t found a B-series engine that has an EGR valve. Mainly because, well, they don’t have them. An obd2 B18C1 will NOT work with an OBD1 ECU, without a jumper harness or modification to the wire harness.

As b16da9 said, don’t take ANY advice from the person that gave you that information.

Also, I’m running a JDM B18C in my Integra (the NON Type-R version, aka “JDM GS-R”) I’m currently running the factory dual runner intake manifold. My swap is OBD1, but it’s a very easy swap. EVERYTHING works the way it’s supposed to.

so to recap, that’s TWO well established, long time members giving you the information you NEED for this swap…

Oh alright, that makes sense. I’ll be ordering the jumper harness and obd1 ecu soon. And that should work, so
Then I won’t have to switch the distributor either if this is the case?

OBD1 ECU will work with any B-series/D-series. ECU goes with the car wiring. for a OBD2 motor in a OBD0 car with OBD1 ECU you have to jump dizz , jump ECU harness, most likely jump/change injector plugs or use ur stock injectors. jump or change over your alternator plugs or use your stock alternator. you could also keep ur obd0 dizz and get a obd0 vtec ecu such as pr3/pw0 and keep all other stock parts (injectors/alternator) and just run your vtec wires.

Alright, that makes way more sense now! I had to deal with some guy at the college auto shop try and tell
Me the stock a1 harness wouldn’t match up to anything, so on and so forth, any advantages to switching the plugs and keeping the distributor off the b18c1?

There is an EGR valve on the automatic transmission intake manifold in 1990-1991.

[QUOTE=Josh721;2244938]Alright, that makes way more sense now! I had to deal with some guy at the college auto shop try and tell
Me the stock a1 harness wouldn’t match up to anything, so on and so forth, any advantages to switching the plugs and keeping the distributor off the b18c1?[/QUOTE]
advantages are with tunning. no 1 will tune ur obd0 ecu or obd2 ecu. obd1 is tha way to go 4 that

92-93 automatic transmission intake manifold also has an EGR. I think the CR-V B20 manifold also had an EGR but I can’t rember for certain.

Also If you want to stay obd-0 I’ll sell you my old PR-3 OBD-0 ECU that has maps to run a B18C and my old B16 OBD-0 §§§§§.

I ran my jdm 00 (98 spec) itr engine obd0 and chrome chip tuned by Erick’s racing with all the obd2 itr Bolton’s, sensors,injectors. it ran super fast. Every one though I had a B20v.
I did use the obd0 distributor and pw0 ecu.
I had to splice all the obd2 goodies onto my obd0 harness.

best thing about the OBD-2 injector plugs is that you can run S2000 injectors wich have a better spray pattern and are 360CC.

me personally i like to keep the obd of the car . I hade a 90LS with a b18c/p72 (sir-g) with spoon PR3 ecu stayed obd0 on evrything just rewired the map. was a stock motor with stock LS tranny just headrs n intake and that car use 2 move. called it the SS killer :slight_smile: all day! i like racing V8s mustangs camaros dnt race other hondas much not as fun for sum reason lol plus i like 2 see the look of dissbelieve on ther face when u pop V n start 2 pull away lol

That’s awesome man, I just came up on a socketed p28 ecu, I’m gonna go ahead and get the jumper harness and run the engine, the guy I got the ecu from said he did a GSR with an ls tranny and like the way it was geared, but then unheard that people say the ls tranny bogs it down, so I was debating on using a b16 cable tranny

[QUOTE=imcnblu;2244878]The person that gave you this information is misinformed. There is no physical/mechanical difference between the manifolds of an obd1 and obd2 b18c1. only the sensors/wire connectors. another thing of note, I haven’t found a B-series engine that has an EGR valve. Mainly because, well, they don’t have them. An obd2 B18C1 will NOT work with an OBD1 ECU, without a jumper harness or modification to the wire harness.

As b16da9 said, don’t take ANY advice from the person that gave you that information.

Also, I’m running a JDM B18C in my Integra (the NON Type-R version, aka “JDM GS-R”) I’m currently running the factory dual runner intake manifold. My swap is OBD1, but it’s a very easy swap. EVERYTHING works the way it’s supposed to.

so to recap, that’s TWO well established, long time members giving you the information you NEED for this swap…[/QUOTE]

Didn’t read through the whole thread, but there are b-series engines that have an egr… 91 ls auto I know for a fact does.

Edit: guess I should have read further down, its already been said. Lol.

B16a trannys are fun to drive but won’t handle any serious power. I had a jdm y1 sir tranny with LSD and the gears and diff gave out two months later. Rebuilt the gears and new LSD from another y1 B16a and it broke one month later. That was on a fully tuned 00 itr swap, stock internals. I did drive it hard but never dropped the clutch anymore than 35k rpm.
I had to go buy a wavetrac LSD. So go with a type r tranny or gsr.

Thanks for the swap info! I ordered my Rywire obd0 to obd1 jumper and vtec wiring, they also threw in the adapter for the distributor Which I thought was cool.
I think I’m gonna try and run the ls tray for now see how it feel, and if I can find a cable GSR tranny thy would be great.

[QUOTE=Josh721;2245291]Thanks for the swap info! I ordered my Rywire obd0 to obd1 jumper and vtec wiring, they also threw in the adapter for the distributor Which I thought was cool.
I think I’m gonna try and run the ls tray for now see how it feel, and if I can find a cable GSR tranny thy would be great.[/QUOTE]
cable gsr trans would be a ys1. i hade a b18c (p72) with a stock LS tranny on a 90 wit obd0 spoon pr3 that car was fast. called it the v8 killer. never hade a prob with the trans ran gr8 !

I dont completely agree,B16 trannys can handle great power,I had a stroked h2b using a B16 tranny.Also about the ls tranny on a gsr motor.He probably did run it like that but im betting he had B16 or gsr 1st,2nd,3rd gear and left the ls 4th and 5th.obdO is just as good as obd1 just not alot of people know that and alot of tuners just like using obd1