cable to hydraulic conversion????

i know its back…but i’m glad becuase i’ve searched and searched for answers…i just bought a ITR Tranny and the mount plus actuator from innovativemounts.com and no instructions just says direct bolt on…does anyone have any pictures on how to bolt this stuff on?

49150-2.jpg

[QUOTE=Colin;1896164]Wow, this thread is back from the dead…
In order to put ITR gears into a YS1 case you need to shave some of the metal off to clear some of the new parts. But don’t worry, it’s not a problem in regard to durability as the hydro cases are the same except already missing that metal which you’d shave off of the YS1 case. I haven’t looked into this in sometime now, so I forget if the modification is needed only when adding hydro gears or hydro gears w/ an oem LSD.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the reply. Well, I’m not sure if the hydro ITR gears are different than the hydro GSR gears. I guess I’ll find out if I need to shave the housing down in some areas whenever I try to hybridize my cable LS tranny. I’ve been trying to find threads talking about it, but I’ve had no luck…

Edit: I take that back. I just found all the info I needed, hooray!

http://www.performanceforum.com/wesvann/honda/trans/trans.html

http://www.outlawatvclub.com/users/steve/civic/howto/honda_tranny_how_to.html

hey heres some pics!

youll need the bolts from the slave cylinder, any 10 mm bolts will do, run a slim fan, and ive heard youll need either to notch the crossmember or run an aftermarket one. i have a full race bar so i didnt have that problem. hope that helps. :rockon:

wow that is a better quality cable…and I work at advance.lol I just haven’t taken the time to look at it. I was looking to change mine soon. Didn’t want to thinking it was less quality than oem.lol

Wierd thing happened to me.

I changed the clutch and the cable bracket was hard as hell to put on. Then the engagement was really ruff for a while. I had to turn the knob on the cable with pliers! The pedal vibrated a lot while driving. Then one day it just skipped some threads or fell into place…My pedal got loose then I just tightened it back up by hand and everything was fine?.. Never happened to me before, and now the pedal shifts like butter. I don’t really know what happened when I changed the clutch.

But anyway, theres a thread about swapping the type r lsd and internals into a 92-93 cable case. I had to search, but search under type r lsd and u should see it. The thread has a long title. It give pics and step by step instructions.

THANK YOU dago for the pictures!! think i’m gonna look into putting that in today!!! and i have a question about the syncroids, how would you know if they are bad by opening up the tranny? here is a picture. i havent ran it yet but i took that part of the case off cuz i’ve been ripped off in the past but the pic might not be good enough to determ, and also would a ITR LSD bolt into a Cable B16 S1 or any mods or even recommended? THANKS

well you cant tell how good the braking portion of the synchro is unless you take apart the gear sets. you could swap over all the internals into 92-93 case, but have to modify(grind down) the rib supports where diff sits.i was considering this but i got a brand new r trans(bit the bullet) cuz i was tired of running bum trannies. im on my 4th!:down:

Yup same here its my 3rd tranny i think i’m going to swap this in with the parts see how it runs, and if i dont like it, then plan B witch my cousin said he will buy it and rebuild mine as long as i but the parts i totaly forgot he knew how to!!! but thanks for the INfo