cable to hydraulic conversion????

have a 91 teggy gs and im thinking of doing the cable to hydraulic conversion want to know if its that complicated and if im going to have alot of problems later on??? thanks

place racing or hasport has a conversion for sale

no i know where i can get it thanks any ways i just want to know if it will give me problems later on i were to do the conversion??? cause i dont want my tranny to blow again for what ever reason and bust a mission trying to find a cable tranny

I have the hasport kit.

I have been using it for a little while and had no problems…

EDIT… I did break my cable… but that was sorta my fault.

how did break your cable???

lol sorry…

I routed the cable back behind my distributer… that put too much stress on the plastic part with the threads… and it cracked. So I got a new one through Advanced Auto parts… and i routed it over my distributer. The one i got from AAP was much better quality then OEM. That surprised me. The treads for adjustment are metal and the bushings are much better designed.

I’m running the Hasport kit as well. Been on this trans since 2006. I did custom fabricate a front mount for it. My rear mount is shot though so its only a precaution.

I have the hasport. I had it installed last summer. If doing the cable/hydro conversion I highly recommend gettiin new motor mounts. Without having the front mount your motor will be all over the place. Mine was hitting the hood. I haven’t had any issues with my tranny cable. It is running under the distributor and there is plenty of slack without any sharp turns. If I had it to do over again I would probably get the Innovative conversion as I have heard some people having issues with the hasport. And the innovative is a true hyrdraulic swap.

Yeah my motor hits my hood as well… I am looking to fab a front mount also. Do you have pics of yours?

Sorry I don’t have any pics. Really the only time mine was hitting the hood was when I was launching out at the track. The oil cap was also hitting my neuspeed strut bar and bent it. :frowning:

ouch!

I am curious to see 2ndGenTegRacer’s front mount fab

Hydro Gears + Cable Case FTW!!

I just don’t see very many situations where getting a conversion kit is the better idea, actually I can’t see any situation where it is the better idea. Why bother adding some non-oem parts to the car when you don’t need to? Why not retain the stock clutch actuation so that the mechanics and parts for the car follow the tried and true setup which the car came with from the factory?

In some instances it may save you money, but IMO I’d pay a little extra for the case swap when given the choice.

[QUOTE=Colin;1841114]Hydro Gears + Cable Case FTW!!

I just don’t see very many situations where getting a conversion kit is the better idea, actually I can’t see any situation where it is the better idea. Why bother adding some non-oem parts to the car when you don’t need to? Why not retain the stock clutch actuation so that the mechanics and parts for the car follow the tried and true setup which the car came with from the factory?

In some instances it may save you money, but IMO I’d pay a little extra for the case swap when given the choice.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you!! I’m a total OEM/JDM whore. But when my tranny went out I first went with a jdm b16 cable, from my LS. The synchros were bad. It’s a bitch to get parts for the jdm b16 cable tranny. You can only use parts from a jdm b16 cable tranny. No usdm parts, gears or synchros, will work. So I decided to go hydro since all the parts are interchangable with usdm hydro’s.

I went with mine for the LSD
LSD ftw

My cable transmission has ITR gears, 4.7FD, and an LSD.

I still don’t see lsd as a reason to go hydro, but again a good reason to stick hydro internals into a cable case…

i just think that hydro isnt as hard to find in parts then a cable tranny

the 89-91 short geared transmissions are hard to find parts for as they are jdm only. 90-91 LS transmissions parts are easy to find through the dealer, but these transmissions are different and won’t allow for hydro gears to be swapped in.

92-93 cable transmission internals are basically the same as all the hydro internals. But there is also variation between different years or hydro internals. Either way, all of these parts are easily available through your dealer.

Will the clutch pedal from a 92-95 civics fit in a da9? I have two EG Civics so I can use one of the clutch pedals (with accesories) from one of these if it will fit

[QUOTE=Colin;1841990]
92-93 cable transmission internals are basically the same as all the hydro internals. But there is also variation between different years or hydro internals. Either way, all of these parts are easily available through your dealer.[/QUOTE]
So, could I take a 95 GSR hydro tranny, and swap the entire main and counter shafts, along with the final drive, into my 92 LS cable case? Are they basically the same other than the gears/synchros on the shafts?

Wow, this thread is back from the dead…

They are basically the same internals (design wise). Gearing is different obviously, but fitment is basically the same.

The main difference is that the YS1 case is setup to use a cable actuated clutch. The other transmissions have cases setup to use a hydraulically actuated clutch.

In order to put ITR gears into a YS1 case you need to shave some of the metal off to clear some of the new parts. But don’t worry, it’s not a problem in regard to durability as the hydro cases are the same except already missing that metal which you’d shave off of the YS1 case. I haven’t looked into this in sometime now, so I forget if the modification is needed only when adding hydro gears or hydro gears w/ an oem LSD. But you should be able to search and find that info. (HINT: pay extra special attention to anything posted by member “.J.” He’s the B series tranny guru!!)