Cam Seal Plug HELP !

I trying to change the left front cam seal plug and I am having problems.I was trying to it pry out but i was afraid and stopped.Please help.I am trying to get ready for a trip and i have to change this.

take the valve cover off , take the cam cap off at the end , pop it out if you have a new one put it in if not clean the crap out of the old one put some kind of silicone sealer on it pop it back in torque tha cam cap down to 70in/lbs. good luck

i just pried my old one out with a screw driver and then it was hard but i eventually sqeezed the new one in…if you pry long enough it will come off…it might be hard if it has never been changed before…but if you are leaking some oil from there it should stop the leak…hope it helps…
later,
Dan:p

if you are having trouble pulling the cam shaft holder off, notice how on the left side it protudes over the head. Take a hammer and gently tap it, and the camshaft holder will start coming off.

i don’t wanna buy a new gasket, so can i change the cam seal plug without taking the valve cover off?

Originally posted by Integra Style
i don’t wanna buy a new gasket, so can i change the cam seal plug without taking the valve cover off?

If you are careful, you can reuse your old valve cover gasket. It’s the head gasket that you SHOULD replace every time it’s taken out.

Regards,

Oz