cam tuning help

i was wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me tune my car. i have the crower 62404 cams, and for somereason i cant get the timing rite, iam running realy rich, and my dumb check engine light keeps on coming on because of the fuel system. i have adjustable cam gears, a fuel pressure regulator, and was wonderng if there was anyone out there that can help. thanks, matt

Aftermarket cams have the tendency to run rich all the time. My JG 301’s do the same thing, just not to that extent. Considering the fact that you have the 404’s, it doesnt surprise me that you are having these problems. You should keep your fuel pressure at stock settings for now to keep down on fuel output and unburnt fuel and work on getting an ECU that can help you lean that out.
Good luck.

Later,
BR

will the apexi safc take care of this for me? or do u recommend a chipped ecu?.. thanks,matt

If you have been running rich for a while you might need to change the oil .It is probably contaminated.

Originally posted by mechaniac’s_BuD
will the apexi safc take care of this for me? or do u recommend a chipped ecu?.. thanks,matt
You can change the air and fuel ratios with the safc, but you are also going to want the ecu so you can up your rev limit too. Dont you want to tap into that power your making??

Later,
BR

If you have been running rich for a while you might need to change the oil .It is probably contaminated.

I got the 403’s and was running rich for a while and i noticed that my oil got dirty faster.

lower that fp and get the s-afc. i know i will get the s-afc soon.
it’s useful in tuning on the dyno.