camber kit squêek

my camber kit squêeks loud
my question is how loud is it supposed to be normally
if i turn my radio down i can hear it inside my car on both front corners
is there anyway to stop it from doing this?
thanks

its not supposed to be loud at all, in fact you shouldn’t even be able to hear it… that is if you lube it up real good. If you dont’ lube it up good it’ll squeek like mad. And if you use a thin lube it’ll wear off quick and start squeeking again.

i used some really thick grease from the local autoparts store, cost me like $1 for a tub that i’ll never be able to finish. My suspension stayed squeek free for over two years (with lots of driving).

stupid question
what part of the camber kit do i lube
i would imagine if i were to lube it then it would easily get knocked out of alignment
i dunno
if u could explain to me where to lube that would be great
thanks

mine makes noise too, i never knew you were suposed to greaase it up? oh well its not that annoying of a squeak i can deal with it

91integgs

could u explain where to lube the camber kit
thanks

Ever since i put in my camber kit… my wheels squeek like a bitch going around turns at 10mph… the even squeek going straight.

I lubed mine on the plastic (polyurethane) part of the camber kit that is in contact with the metal of the upper control arm. Haven’t heard any squeeks yet.

Ben

re: squeek

Now the Ingalls camber kit does not come apart, so we are supposed to grease the outside of the kit? Between the rubber/poly bushings and the metal?

Like this?

its pretty simple. the rubber/polyurethane bushing is the thing that causes the squeeking. So, you lube that up. Pretty much just lube up the whole bushing. That will make sure that all the moving parts/surfaces are lubed.

vtec-typer: the camber kit does come apart. I have an ingalls and took it completely apart to lube it up. It helps to have a vice to hold it in place.

also, make sure you guys use a really heavy duty thick grease. The thicker the better because the thicker it is the longer it will last. I used some really thick high temp “disk brake wheel bearing” grease. It cost like $.99 for a tub that is probably 10fl.oz. or so. It kept my kit squeek free for about a year and a half. But now its starting to squeek again.

The quick fix is to squirt the kit w/ wd40 or someother spray lube. But i believe that stuff only works for a couple weeks.

Sir Rev A Lot: the squeek you’re talking about, is it tires squealing? or is it the camber kit squeeking? If its your tires squealing around turns a lot more than is normal then you need to get an alignment. Its a pretty good sign that your toe is drastically out of spec (which means your tires will probably be down to the belts in about a month or two).

re: camber squeek

So it does come apart? Did it come apart from ingalls, because I got mine assembled. Could I damage it in any way? And also would WD 40 be bad for rubber bushings? I would think so. Thanks

re: camber

oh, and whats the best way to take it apart? i dont want to damage the sucker! :confused:

they sell this teflon lube that works well with poly bushings…

yes, the camber kit comes apart. How to take it apart? it was a long time ago when i took it apart, so i don’t remember exactly. But its very self explanitory. Just take it off the car, and start pulling off a everything you can. you’ll probably have to tap the middle metal sleeve out with a hammer and punch. Just get the kit out of the car and start pulling it apart, you’ll figure it out.

ok i greased my camber kit up but i still have a squeek
it sounds like the bed squeeking noise during sex
thats the only way i know how to describe it
and its coming from the two front corners

Originally posted by relentlessg2
ok i greased my camber kit up but i still have a squeek
it sounds like the bed squeeking noise during sex
thats the only way i know how to describe it
and its coming from the two front corners

the top “hat” or “cap” that the spring is touching may also be the villain. try lubbing that area. that’s where my squeaking came from. hell, lube the whole damn thing, can’t be that bad for the car =O)

re: squeek

I can’t stand it anymore. Why didn’t Ingalls suggest lubing the product before installation? If it was pre-asembled, why didn’t they properly lube it in the first place? It is a pain in the but to take the camber kits out, pry them apart and then slap em back in. And then Relentless lubed his up but still squeeks! I am positive it is the camber because I had the pro-drive camber kits and did lube those up good and no squeek. Are you sure that the bushings aren’t just worn?

thanks for the suggestion blizzard
u must be refering to the pillow mount
going in there and just throwing grease all over everything will problably get rid of the squeek
the only thing is i still wont know what it was that made the squeek
so ill just have to lube up one thing at a time
one things for sure is that its not the outer tie rods cause i changed them out not too long ago
and plus i got the moog ones they allow u to grease them not like the factory ones

hwo do you guys know IF it is the camber kit that is squeeling? i hear mine the most when i slow down the car whilestepping on the brake and i know its not the brakes for sure… also when i push the front end of the car down when its parked it sqeeks and i know its not my shocks cuz its the same squeeling as i slow down and not when im on bumpy roads…

Originally posted by BlueG2
hwo do you guys know IF it is the camber kit that is squeeling? i hear mine the most when i slow down the car whilestepping on the brake and i know its not the brakes for sure… also when i push the front end of the car down when its parked it sqeeks and i know its not my shocks cuz its the same squeeling as i slow down and not when im on bumpy roads…

Let me take you for a ride in my car and you’ll know.