can I get a B16A cheaper than $495??

ok guys, I am sure this has been beat to death, but can I get a B16A cheaper than $495? That is what Nippon Motors is asking. Also, for the B16A swap, I think I need the ECU also. Is this correct?

$450-$500 is pretty much the cheapest you can get the longblock for. And thats DAMN cheap for an engine!

yes, you need the ecu as well. And if you’re smart you’ll also get the transmission. You won’t be very happy if you stick with the stock tranny. The gears are much too long for the b16a, hell, the gears are too long for everything! In general this is the rule: if you’re going NA, use a vtec tranny. If you’re going turbo, use a non vtec tranny. Thats is regardless of the engine you’re using.

ok thanks,
that makes sense with the long gearing of our tranny. And our wiring harness is fine except for the Vtec and knock sensor right?

Originally posted by Shaun Ladd
ok thanks,
that makes sense with the long gearing of our tranny. And our wiring harness is fine except for the Vtec and knock sensor right?

download and read the vtec swap guide in the teg tips. you’ll find more than enough info there.